Axe fx 2's on eBay

chris5150

Inspired
Getting fed up of waiting for my fx2 now, seems a couple of genuine sounding USA people selling new boxed ones on eBay. I am in uk, I presume that there isn't any voltage compatibility issues if I were to buy one stateside,?... I use a Samson power conditioner anyway ... Other than warranty issues is there anything else I should consider an issue?.. I am not price sensitive, just want one of the things now it's been a long wait!!

Voltage is not an issue.

RTFM

2nd page of the manual (you can download it even if you don't have the Axe II):
3. Connect only to a proper AC outlet of 100–240V, 47–63 Hz.

Warranty is the BIG issue in your case.

Asside from the blatant price gouging the ebay sellers are engaging in, you also need to keep in mind that you'll have no warranty on your unit if you buy from one of them.

The warranty issue is the same in Europe..unless you buy new from G66 then buying a second hand invalidates the warranty..but they are build to last i have had 2 Ultra's and now the II and have never had a single problem with any units i have owned.

Shipping from the U.S is itself the biggest risk..even if it's insured the only real way they will pay out is if it's lost..any damage will be put down to "inadequate packaging"

Don't worry about the warranty if you buy off ebay. Buy used, stay on the wait list. When your number comes up buy and keep it and sell the used one for what you paid for it.

Ive owned both a standard and an ultra. Both were returned during warranty period for repair by G66.
Standard blew an XLR output, Ultra blew the mains transformer.
Turnaround from pickup to return was about a week in both cases.
Great service from G66 but I would be very wary buying one without the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom