Axe-Fx 2 XL USB computer communication problem

Recently I'm having some issue like this, too.

I'm having my XL for a few years now, but I never had to remove and/or re-install the driver package as often, as in recent times.
I'm not sure if it's Ares related, tho, my guess would more point into the direction of WIN10 (audio/USB section)

What works for me (alas my WIN10 installation) is, either simply re-installing the by Fractal provided driver package over the current installation. Or removing all of it first and then doing a re-installation of the driver package.

I can confirm Mac OS Sierra is a winner :)
My Mac is an i7 32 gig ram from 2013. I stopped updating Mac OS when they got to Sierra because of the conflicts with audio software.

I guess the nuclear option for Mac owners is to downgrade to maybe high Sierra at least.
Perhaps try installing it on an external and booting for it to see if it’s any better

For Mac users, I am running High Sierra 10.13.6, and I've never had any issue with communication between my Axe XL+ and any Fractal software or Logic Pro.

I'm learning that Mojave is not playing nice with other things like printers, Adobe software, etc. I won't be "upgrading" to Mojave anytime soon.

Last edited:
I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 and have zero issues with Axe-Edit and audio/midi.
I've never been able to access Axe-Change but that's another story....

I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 and have zero issues with Axe-Edit and audio/midi.
I've never been able to access Axe-Change but that's another story....

Why do people feel the need to comment like this. Don't. If you don't have anything helpful to add, don't. It's a weird form of gaslighting you see on here from time to time.

I wonder if you also comment on Apple's 10.12.6 bug forum saying I NEVER HAD THAT BUG!

PS 10.12.6 had bugs.

Just you never experienced them.

I have tried to re create the bug in windows 7 and can not. Everything works fine. I can play music through the USB into axe fx and use axe edit while I jam. I am guessing there is something going on with the operating systems.

Why do people feel the need to comment like this. Don't. If you don't have anything helpful to add, don't. It's a weird form of gaslighting you see on here from time to time.

I wonder if you also comment on Apple's 10.12.6 bug forum saying I NEVER HAD THAT BUG!

PS 10.12.6 had bugs.

Just you never experienced them.
Because it's good information... Knowing that not everyone with a particular combination has the same problem.

So if we exhausted all forms of rectifying this major issue with xl+, when will it be safe to say that it’s a hardware issue? Or an issue with the editor program. And how do we get the issues fixed?

If it's happening to some people on Windows 10 and not others, it must be a windows update? FWIW....Win 10 works fine with my XL but I haven't updated Windows on that machine in about 6 months. I shut the updates off.....

If it's happening to some people on Windows 10 and not others, it must be a windows update? FWIW....Win 10 works fine with my XL but I haven't updated Windows on that machine in about 6 months. I shut the updates off.....
Why? It's also happening to people running Macs...

A buddy with Win10 and IIXL+ is unable to backup Bank B using either Fractool or Axe-Edit. Seems like it hangs backing up a particular preset.

Back
Top Bottom