Axe-Fx 2 XL USB computer communication problem

Pirre81

Hello to all,

I have had Axe Fx 2 XL for several years now and I'm very happy with it.

Suddenly a problem came up some time ago. My computer didn't detect Axe Fx 2 XL anymore via Axe Edit or Fractal Bot. Otherwise the device will operate normally. Is there any tips or solution to solve this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

- I use Apple iMac (macOS Mojave) -> Axe Edit and Fractal Bot shows "disconnected"
- I have also tried another computer, laptop PC (Windows 10) -> There appears Error Code 105 when I try to install USB Audio Driver. And same here, Axe Edit and Fractal Bot shows "disconnected"
- I have tried two different USB cables (both cables works with another device)
- I have tried different USB ports with both computers and cables
- Axe Fx2 XL current firmware is Quantum 9.03

Attachments

• IMG_6300.jpg
    IMG_6300.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6301.jpg
    IMG_6301.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6302.jpg
    IMG_6302.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6303.jpg
    IMG_6303.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
The Axe FX still works as a USB audio device?
When you try and change the sound card on MAC it’s at least displayed on the list of sound card options? You can then select it and play music through it?

The Axe FX still works as a USB audio device?
When you try and change the sound card on MAC it’s at least displayed on the list of sound card options? You can then select it and play music through it?

Hi, no Axe Fx doesn’t work as a USB audio device anymore and it isn’t displayed on the list of sound card options.

And his started happening out of the blue?
I would perhaps try a axe fx global reset but failing that it sounds like some kind of hardware failure.

I also tried global reset but no help. The same cable, computer and usb port works with another audio interface (Focusrite iTrack Solo).

Attachments

• F90E7652-2BAD-4D69-9844-51F11976FE56.jpeg
    F90E7652-2BAD-4D69-9844-51F11976FE56.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 12
I've had the same issue after upgrading to ares 1.00 firmware.
I have solved it using Axe Edit.

Try this:
1. open axe-edit
2. go to "settings"
3. In the preferences pop up, go to General >> Ports and select "Axe FX II audio interface" from the ports dropdown list
4. you should be good

hope it helps

Thanks, but still not working...

Attachments

• DFC39079-2FA0-481D-B2C3-85CD96D6E0B6.jpeg
    DFC39079-2FA0-481D-B2C3-85CD96D6E0B6.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 23
not sure what you're even saying.
You said the problem is that Axe-Edit is buggy software. The OP posted that neither Axe-Edit or FractalBot is working.

How can you blame FractalBot not working on Axe-Edit having bugs?

I'm not sure what's difficult to understand?

You said the problem is that Axe-Edit is buggy software. The OP posted that neither Axe-Edit or FractalBot is working.

How can you blame FractalBot not working on Axe-Edit having bugs?

I'm not sure what's difficult to understand?

I'm commenting on my own experiences with the Axe Edit. It's buggy, which is not hard to understand.

I'm commenting on my own experiences with the Axe Edit. It's buggy, which is not hard to understand.
Maybe start your own thread and describe YOUR problem? Since you didn't describe your problem, your comments are out of context in this post as they don't help the OP.

Personally, I used Axe-Edit from the day it was released and I never found it to be buggy. I think many others here will agree.

Maybe start your own thread and describe YOUR problem? Since you didn't describe your problem, your comments are out of context in this post as they don't help the OP.

Personally, I used Axe-Edit from the day it was released and I never found it to be buggy. I think many others here will agree.

I did, smart guy, it's a thread in this discussion forum.
Stop acting like you're Fractal Audio and getting offended because I find their software buggy.

Such a friendly disposition.

I'm not offended, I'm offering MY experience in using Axe-Edit (over a 5 year period) just like you did ;)

Nope, you took it a little more personally that someone criticized the Axe Edit software and now you're trying to play victim or something. How about we get back on topic and make it less about you.
Anyways, I'm putting you on ignore as I don't have time for fanboys.

Nope, you took it a little more personally that someone criticized the Axe Edit software and now you're trying to play victim or something. How about we get back on topic and make it less about you.
Anyways, I'm putting you on ignore as I don't have time for fanboys.
Yeah, yeah. Someone disagrees with your opinion and they're a fanboy. Classic... Not original at all.

Awesome. Saves me the effort of ignoring you. Maybe you should read my thread on being called a fanboy ;)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/i-am-a-fan-boy.148007/

I have had a little trouble since the ares beta. restarting my computer solves it for me, but I assumed it was my out dated windows pc.

Back
Top Bottom