Axe-Fx 2 XL+ and Eureka Prom 3.2

elpedro

I just received a new to me AFX2XL+. I also purchased an FCB1010 and a Eureka Prom 3.2 chip.

I am having some serious issues with this setup. The other thread on this forum that deals with this ended up with the guy who had the problem saying basically that it just started working...I'm still waiting for it to "just start working".

Here are my symptoms:

Firmware : Ares (the latest one)

Midi channel on AFX = 1 or Omni, either one does the same thing

Cabling - If I use two cables, the FCB is essentially locked up, and the AFX looks like its sending MIDI all the time (unplug midi out on AFX and problem goes away)

- If I use one cable, Out on FCB to In on AFX: the right most pedal works to control the volume in EF mode. Nothing else works. The CC #'s all look to be correct.

That's it. Has anyone gotten this setup to work after starting in the same spot that I'm in?

Only use 1 cable.

I would recommend purchasing the Control Center editor for FCB with Uno.

I don't have either an Axe Fx II or FCB anymore... Moved on the Axe Fx III and FC-12.

Sounds like the problem I had with my XL with EurekaProm 3.1 after checking with EurekaSound, they had to update the device ID for the XL as it is different from the Axe standard, and Ultra. Perhaps they did not add the device ID for the XL+ on EP 3.2. In that case, the Axe keeps trying to query for the device number, which freezes the unit in 2 cable configuration. I suggest contacting EurekaSound to check. Perhaps you could also ask them to configure for the Axe 3 at the same time!

I just received a new to me AFX2XL+. I also purchased an FCB1010 and a Eureka Prom 3.2 chip.

I am having some serious issues with this setup. The other thread on this forum that deals with this ended up with the guy who had the problem saying basically that it just started working...I'm still waiting for it to "just start working".

Here are my symptoms:

Firmware : Ares (the latest one)

Midi channel on AFX = 1 or Omni, either one does the same thing

Cabling - If I use two cables, the FCB is essentially locked up, and the AFX looks like its sending MIDI all the time (unplug midi out on AFX and problem goes away)

- If I use one cable, Out on FCB to In on AFX: the right most pedal works to control the volume in EF mode. Nothing else works. The CC #'s all look to be correct.

That's it. Has anyone gotten this setup to work after starting in the same spot that I'm in?
I got as far as 12:44 before having to stop and ask a question. I scroll to the MIDI page just like you but my menu options are different:
MIDI CHANNEL: 3
MFC PORT: DISABLED/FASLINK/ETHERCON
MFC ECHO TO MIDI OUT: ON
PROG CHANGE: ON
MAPPING MODE: NONE
MAP FROM PRESET: 0
MAP TO PRESET: 0
MAP TO SCENE: 1
SCENE REVERT: OFF
SYSEX ID (INFO ONLY): 00 01 74

I'm using an Axe Fx II XL+ with ares. I would roll back the firmware update to quantum because if I recall correctly, the fcb1010 with the eureka prom 3.2 operated flawlessly and I know the fcb1010 didn't reset itself because my old patches in the FP part of the fcb1010 show on the FCB1010 that the MIDI signal is being sent. My Axe Fx II XL+ just does not obey..

I try to cycle through the presets in Pr mode but my Axe Fx II XL+ does not "obey" the fcb1010 eprom chip. Have you encountered this problem before and do you have a solution? I have the MIDI IN of the fcb1010 plugged into the MIDI out of Axe Fx II XL+ and the MID OUT/THRU of the fcb1010 plugged into the MIDI IN of the Axe Fx II XL+. When I have it plugged in like this, the fcb1010 communicates that the Axe Fx II XL+ is switching between presets but the Axe Fx II XL+ doesn't actually make the switch. When I flip the cables on the fcb1010 the MIDI light on it turns on and so does the MIDI IN Green LED on the Axe Fx II XL+. However, when I page over to Pr and start trying to do patch changes, the same result. The FCB1010 communicates that it sent the command but the Axe Fx II XL+ doesn't actually switch. I'm racking my brain over here. When I go to FP, it looks like I have foot switch number one programmed to go to preset 000 (which I want), but when I hit foot switch 2 the fcb1010 says that it is on preset 393 but it actually goes to 103 on the Axe Fx II XL+.

Were you able to fix this? I'm having a similar issue. The Axe FX shows that it sees the midi activity when I do the "pedal send" using pedal #5. But the presents don't change in the Axe FX (in my case I have the original II.)

Back
Top Bottom