AXE FX 2 with Matrix GT1000FX

lj045637

Inspired
Hi,
I am using my AXE FX 2 with a Matrix GT1000FX and a Marshall JCM900 1960 cab.
I have noticed that a major part of clean sounds come along with slight distortion...any idea how to fix this?
The cab sim has been disabled...when I disable the power amp modelling in the global menu my clean sounds appear to be chrystal clear and even seem to be more powerful. The global EQ settings in the global menu are all at 0...no clippings at red.
The Matrix GT1000 should not affect the Sound and thus there should not be an issue to disable the power amp modelling...any clue how to cope with this problem?

Many thanks.

Hmm, that's strange. I have used the GT1000FX into a 1960 cab as well, with absolutely NO distortion...crystal clean. That is with both power amp modeling on and off.

Try using a "known" clean patch like "Double Verb" to make sure it's not a setting in your patch. There are lots of places in a patch that could be causing your clean sounds to clip/distort.

You know the other thing I was thinking...what volume level are you playing at? If you are pushing the cab to very high volume levels, even if the original tone is clean, the speakers will start to break up at some point.

Hmm, that's strange. I have used the GT1000FX into a 1960 cab as well, with absolutely NO distortion...crystal clean. That is with both power amp modeling on and off.

Try using a "known" clean patch like "Double Verb" to make sure it's not a setting in your patch. There are lots of places in a patch that could be causing your clean sounds to clip/distort.

You know the other thing I was thinking...what volume level are you playing at? If you are pushing the cab to very high volume levels, even if the original tone is clean, the speakers will start to break up at some point.

Just tried the preset "Double Verb"...slight distortion with power amp modeling on...a clear and bright sound with power amp modelling off...maybe I have to adjust the global EQ? I have set everything to zero at the Moment...I was playing at "living room level" right know...
It is really strange as I assumed that the Matrix would react neutral and support power amp modelling...

any further idea?

You should keep power amp modeling on. Reduce gain and master volume, compensate with level.

what are your global eq Settings ? did you further Change any settings in global?
I am using my 1960 cab in Stereo mode and I set the Matrix power amp as well to Stereo.

what are your global eq Settings ? did you further Change any settings in global?
I am using my 1960 cab in Stereo mode and I set the Matrix power amp as well to Stereo.

Since the slight distortion goes away when you turn power amp modeling off, that's where it happens. Turn down master volume in the amp block (MSTR on the PWR tab) and compensate with LEVEL right next to it.

Since the slight distortion goes away when you turn power amp modeling off, that's where it happens. Turn down master volume in the amp block (MSTR on the PWR tab) and compensate with LEVEL right next to it.

wow. you made my day...many thanks !!! It works...just for curiosity...how are your Settings for mstr and lvl in the preset "double verb"?
how can I transfer this to all relevant presets? Do I have to adjust each of them?

Back
Top Bottom