Axe FX 2 with keyboards connectivity

pablito

Inspired
Dear Axe FX users and fans.
Need not to say that I am in love with this unit.
In search for new music knowledge, I have started a few months ago, piano lessons. I must say that music wise I have grown a little bit sine then. LOL

I was wondering though if it is somehow possible to benefit from the use of my AXE FX 2 and a Roland Juno Gi. I own both units and now got curious if it is possible for the two units to be connected and have more sound options. The Juno's manual has lots of explanation on midi stuff.

Any ideas out there?

Cheers

I've been aimlessly wondering about this too.

I bought a Yamaha Motif to learn piano/keyboards etc. and if the day ever comes where I am good enough to play both guitar and keyboards live (ya know - like David Sancious :lol and I'm no David Sancious) through a pair of FRFR powered wedges ... do I run both through the AXE or insert a mixer in front of the wedges?

i'm not sure the axe can add much more to a Motif or Juno keyboard. if you want to use the amp models to shape the tone, or use the effects, of course you could do that. but those keyboards have a ton of effects and settings better suited for keyboard sounds. it really depends on what your total soundscape is going to be, i feel.

sure some people use the axe for FOH effects on their mixer, but it's just one choice among many choices for PA effects. but for guitar... it's THE choice, of course.

Something that hasn't been mentioned which might be nice to know:
You can make any decent keyboard send MIDI messages on keypress and route it to the Axe to change presets/IA states.

You can also use the MIDI out of the Axe to send MIDI tempo messages to the keyboard for timed effects.

That way, you only need to tap in the tempo for one of your devices.

Of course, you probably won't be able to play guitar and keyboard at the same time, unless you palm-mute that open D like a motherfucker. ;)

Other than that, I can't see much more synergy between a keyboard and the Axe.

Thanks Chris for your question.
I was just wondering about any possibility out there that anyone could already be experiencing. No big deal.

i'm not sure the axe can add much more to a Motif or Juno keyboard. if you want to use the amp models to shape the tone, or use the effects, of course you could do that. but those keyboards have a ton of effects and settings better suited for keyboard sounds. it really depends on what your total soundscape is going to be, i feel.

sure some people use the axe for FOH effects on their mixer, but it's just one choice among many choices for PA effects. but for guitar... it's THE choice, of course.

Thanks again Chris.
Since the Juno Gi is now a new toy and I have lessons to attend, let me learn how to play it first. LOL
Cheers man

Back
Top Bottom