Axe Fx 2 VS. HD 500 quick Bass guitar test

Valdolopezz

Bass test with Warwick corvette std. Axe FX 2 and Line 6 POD HD 500 by vladimirkrylov on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hi! I was wondering about Axe Fx possibilities with bass guitar recording, so i made quick test to understand the situation)
There are three sections of main riff with different bass guitar sound: 1. Axe Fx 2 chain with pedal compressor, light chorus, distortion and Ampeg amp head. 2 Line 6 POD HD 500 chain with pedal compressor, chorus, line 6 drive. 3. Axe Fx 2 chain with pedal compressor, chorus, distortion and instrumental preamp. There are no any cab sims in Axe Fx and POD patches.
By the way, if there are some ideas to improve bass guitar sound in the mix i'll be happy to catch it ) Hell Yeah !

Love the sound of the first section of your recording man. Would you be willing to post your preset in here? Thanks fellow bassist.

Love the sound of the first section of your recording man. Would you be willing to post your preset in here? Thanks fellow bassist.

Thank you, as soon as possible i'll try to upload bass preset. I actually bought Axe2 few weeks ago, and i never used edit software, so i need a little bit of time to learn how to get a tone out of Axe ))

patch pls?

awsome tone for sure,

the line 6 one is too mid on its own... would like to ear them all in a mix tho...

tone 1 sounds really good, nice work. POD was my least fav, that distortion just isn't working

no contest. AxeFx is more defined, punchier, and "gets out of the way" where it needs to. the line 6 sounds about how I would have expected by comparison and leaves a sort of low-mid slop haze on the mix. jmo

nice work!

Back
Top Bottom