Axe-Fx 2 to Axe-Fx 3 Tone Match

Strizzwald

Hey everyone

So I have some presets that from the Axe Fx 2 that I want to use on my Axe Fx 3 however they feature the tone match block, and when I used Fractool to convert them onto/into the 3 everything carries over except the tone match block. Its there on the layout but the actual profile match is gone.

Is there anyway to carry over the tone match feature from a Axe Fx 2 preset to the 3?

Thanks

Hey everyone

So I have some presets that from the Axe Fx 2 that I want to use on my Axe Fx 3 however they feature the tone match block, and when I used Fractool to convert them onto/into the 3 everything carries over except the tone match block. Its there on the layout but the actual profile match is gone.

Is there anyway to carry over the tone match feature from a Axe Fx 2 preset to the 3?

Thanks
I don't use Tone Match, but I believe you can save the TM as an IR, then load the IR as a user cab. You can load the IR in an IR Player block.

However, the amp modeling in the Axe Fx III is not the same as in the II, so I don't know how well that will translate...

I have the same issues with the tone match so what I did was saving the tone match as an user cab and then convert the tone.
You ignore the tone match block and you replace it for the cab you exported.
Like this works perfectly for me!!!

I have the same issues with the tone match so what I did was saving the tone match as an user cab and then convert the tone.

This is the right answer and really should be done with any Tone Match you're happy with and want to use.

I don't use Tone Match, but I believe you can save the TM as an IR, then load the IR as a user cab. You can load the IR in an IR Player block.

However, the amp modeling in the Axe Fx III is not the same as in the II, so I don't know how well that will translate...

This is the right answer and really should be done with any Tone Match you're happy with and want to use.
Sometimes I feel like nobody can hear me :(

Thanks for everyone help, since I no longer have an AxeFx2 I can't export the tone match, but luckily my friend does have the 2 so help can help me out. Where can I find the info for converting the tone match to an IR?
Thanks heaps for you help again :)

Thanks for everyone help, since I no longer have an AxeFx2 I can't export the tone match, but luckily my friend does have the 2 so help can help me out. Where can I find the info for converting the tone match to an IR?
Thanks heaps for you help again :)
You have to do it on the hardware, can't do it with Axe-Edit.

With the 'Tone Match' block on the hardware screen. Page right to the 'EXPORT'' tab. Select the User Cab slot that you want to save the new IR into. 'Nav' down, name the IR using the 'Quick Control' knobs. Press 'Enter' (twice) to save.

When you are finished converting all of your Tone Matches, export the new IR(s) using Axe-Manage Cabs in the 'Tools' menu of Axe-Edit. Those IRs will be compatible with the Axe-Fx III.

After importing them into your Axe-Fx III, just replace the 'Tone Match' block with a Cab block or the new 'IR Player' block with the correct IR selected.

I made a killer Metallica preset from a couple of the "Bay area giants" presets that were made with tonematch on the axe fx 2. My axe fx 2 preset blows away my axe fx 3 one. The tone match seemed to be high res and the resulting export to ir seems not to be? Anyone have any ideas? I ended up using the axe 2 and 3 in parallel for an insane tone but I wanna get off the nipple of the 2.

I made a killer Metallica preset from a couple of the "Bay area giants" presets that were made with tonematch on the axe fx 2. My axe fx 2 preset blows away my axe fx 3 one. The tone match seemed to be high res and the resulting export to ir seems not to be? Anyone have any ideas? I ended up using the axe 2 and 3 in parallel for an insane tone but I wanna get off the nipple of the 2.
Do you have any of the parameters (Amount, Soothing, etc..) adjusted in the 'Tone Match' block?

Certain parameter settings are ignored when exporting when set to Live mode and/or High Res.

You have to do it on the hardware, can't do it with Axe-Edit.

With the 'Tone Match' block on the hardware screen. Page right to the 'EXPORT'' tab. Select the User Cab slot that you want to save the new IR into. 'Nav' down, name the IR using the 'Quick Control' knobs. Press 'Enter' (twice) to save.

When you are finished converting all of your Tone Matches, export the new IR(s) using Axe-Manage Cabs in the 'Tools' menu of Axe-Edit. Those IRs will be compatible with the Axe-Fx III.

After importing them into your Axe-Fx III, just replace the 'Tone Match' block with a Cab block or the new 'IR Player' block with the correct IR selected.

Thanks heaps for the detailed explanation. Might take me a while since I have over 40 to get through lol

Easy if you don't have the II anymore : open the preset with FracTool , right click on tma block and export tonematch data as wav file.
Then convert wav to syx with CabLab Lite then import the syx as a cab in the III then point an IR player block to this cab. Done
You are a lifesaver my friend, just tried it and works great. Thank you very much for your help :):):)

Thanks very much mate, that was amazing help!!Can't wait to test it!!
Does it really worth or the axe 3 cloning is better and may worth recloning again?
Thanks

Do you have any of the parameters (Amount, Soothing, etc..) adjusted in the 'Tone Match' block?

Certain parameter settings are ignored when exporting when set to Live mode and/or High Res.

I need to revisit this I suppose. I just realized that in the axe 2 I am already using the exported tone matches as cabs. 2 amp and 2 can blocks only and it's puniushing. I need to go through the 3 because there are some extra settings that aren't present o the 2 and something is giving me a different result than I hoped for.

I know it's ME because the axe 3 SLAYS in every preset except this one lol.

Back
Top Bottom