Axe-Fx 2 still worth grabbing?

Preset banks are here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-downloads/
They seem to have lastly been updated for firmware 8. So again, if you have the latest firmware now, they are not represented at their best IMO, although some aspects may sound better. You could also read in the firmware updates what has changed and sometimes if it requires adjusting your presets.
As FAS were just a few people (AFAIK), it was impossible to adjust the presets every time Cliff overhauled the firmware. That's why I recommended https://austinbuddy.com who did make those adjustments for his bundles. To be safe, I would recommend you have classic pickups for these, or those too may all sound off.
-
Could what you're hearing be something that's out of phase? It's also in headphones? If so, something may indeed be wrong, or you have a golden ear that doesn't like its trademark voice (although I think it's been denied this exists. Let's say the truth is in the middle.).

Last edited:
Thanks Bodde, yes I did a system reset and several user data resets. No change. All the preset names are still there but they all sound the same……just at different volumes. Is it possible to do an old fashioned factory reset which brings all factory presets back? Or can the factory preset sounds be downloaded and reinstalled? I can’t find it in the manual. Thanks for any help guys.

Did you already start an own patch from scratch? Just load and amp and camp block only and see if the sound you hear is still there. But first do an amp and cab reset in Axe edit in the patch you are creating.

Forgive my wordplay on Tri-Chorus ;) IIRC, this sounds great w/o using a pedal, so in that case you don't need the modifier settings.
The numbers are for each knob (1,2,3,4).

I think I've never even ported this to the II, so I don't know it will sound correct in a later gen (where we luckily have a real one).

guitarnerdswe suggested a few changes for (I think) Luke and/or Landau fans somewhere in this thread...
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/steve-lukather-delay-use-the-final-mystery.22699

Attachments

• Enzo Sutera_ Tri-Chorus emulation.jpg
    Enzo Sutera_ Tri-Chorus emulation.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
  • EnzoTryChorus 1.jpg
    EnzoTryChorus 1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 11
  • EnzoTryChorus 2.jpg
    EnzoTryChorus 2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 11
  • EnzoTryChorus 3.jpg
    EnzoTryChorus 3.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 10
  • EnzoTryChorus 4.jpg
    EnzoTryChorus 4.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 9
  • EnzoTryChorus Units 1+2.jpg
    EnzoTryChorus Units 1+2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 10
  • EnzoTryChorus Units 3+4.jpg
    EnzoTryChorus Units 3+4.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Did you already start an own patch from scratch? Just load and amp and camp block only and see if the sound you hear is still there. But first do an amp and cab reset in Axe edit in the patch you are creating.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll try that when I get home tonight!!!

Thanks! I have a gig tonight. I’ll try that tonight when I get home. I’m on EST. North Carolina.

Back
Top Bottom