axe fx 2 Refuses to start after a update

stephane

I made an update yesterday, and I had a power cut at my house at the end
Since I have all the ignition LEDs at startup and nothing happens ,Fractal bot and axe edit does not recognize axe.
I tried the procedure to press the start button on both page buttons, and release them, but it does not work
No one has solution?

Can FractalBot still connect to the AxeFX? If so can you initiate the FW update again from it? Does the AxeFX screen respond when the update begins?

Does the AxeFX start up if you hold down the Recall button during startup?

If all above does not work you might need to contact the Fractal Audio support or distributor for your region to get an Emergency Boot Rom (it's a low cost item and you open the lid and put this rom module into a socket on the motherboard - nothing too technical involved)

Here's some information taken from the Fractal support site (http://support.fractalaudio.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/4/axe-fx-ii-firmware-update-guide)

After updating, my Axe-Fx will no longer boot.
Please disconnect USB, MIDI, and MFC-101 cables and try to boot the unit while holding down the RECALL button. If this works, the problem may be a single preset. Change to a different preset and try again, and consider overwriting the problem entry with one that works.

In the rare event that the Axe-Fx will only boot to a blank screen (sometimes with one or more LEDs frozen) this indicates that the firmware update process has failed and the unit will require a new bootable ROM. Please contact support via the information provided below.

What if I need further assistance?
If you need additional help, please contact submit a support ticket via http://support.fractalaudio.com

Customers outside the US or Canada may also contact the official distributor for their region.

No, the axe fx does not start even by holding the recall button, and fractal bot can no longer connect to the axe FX

As Maxdown said...call support, get an emergency boot rom. Remove the lid on you axe, plug in the rom and you will be up running in 5min.

Have been thinking about getting a rom myself, just in case :)

Just in case, ensure that the power cable is fully seated. (I got scared once, luckily the fix was quite simple... :D Now I've got a spare power supply and boot rom, just in case.)

I made an update yesterday, and I had a power cut at my house at the end
Since I have all the ignition LEDs at startup and nothing happens ,Fractal bot and axe edit does not recognize axe.
I tried the procedure to press the start button on both page buttons, and release them, but it does not work
No one has solution?
Hi , You have solving ?reboot your axe?

No, i received the eprom and the jumper, installed, fractal bot tells me that i am in fw 0, but refuses to update.
i have this message > an error has occured during file transmission . please ensure the axe-fx ii is connected and powered on, then try again.

This morning I hit the same problem. The solution is to:
  1. Download and run the latest version of Fractal-Bot. (My earlier version did not have the correct menu option.)
  2. Hold down CTRL (OS/MAC CMD) when selecting the device from the drop down menu.
  3. Select "Utility". from the menu. (G66's instructions say to select "Boot ROM" which I guess is out of date.)

Back
Top Bottom