(solved) Axe FX 2 not working through an UAD Apollo Duo Twin

Brett Stuart

Hi guys, I need help with hooking up my Axe FX 2 using XLR cables out of the balanced outputs at the rear of the unit going directly into my Apollo interface (mic inputs in the rear of the Apollo). No matter what I try I just get a clean D.I signal coming out of my monitors (Yamaha HS8's). I have been told that I need to set my audio preferences within Logic X to the Apollo which I have but no wet signal still, when I change the output device (in the audio preferences within Logic X) to the Axe FX 2 and then I get a wet signal but with a lot of feedback n stuff. I have updated all the latest firmware for AXE FX 2 as well as my Apollo I even done a factory restore of all my patches, I spent the last 3 days playing with in's and out's and with all sorts of different leads and input and output settings but with no luck as yet! I have even brought new XLR leads but no go, is it a setting within the I/O or a global setting that I'm missing within the Axe FX? Starting to get over this please help guys?

Ok that's weird. So just to check all the obvious things if you plug in headphones do you hear the amp sims / FX etc?
You're plugging into the axe FX instrument in on the front ?

Have you tried the 1/4" or spidf outputs to the apollo ? If not try those. It should work the way you're wanting to do it. I'm just trying to eliminate variables.

Also you could backup up your patches and try a factory restore.

Ok that's weird. So just to check all the obvious things if you plug in headphones do you hear the amp sims / FX etc?
You're plugging into the axe FX instrument in on the front ?

Have you tried the 1/4" or spidf outputs to the apollo ? If not try those. It should work the way you're wanting to do it. I'm just trying to eliminate variables.

Also you could backup up your patches and try a factory restore.

All sorted out now with the XLR's, I did a Global parameter restore. All good thanks mate.

Back
Top Bottom