Bug? axe fx 2 mk2 gets frozen.software or hardware problem???

puleac

Hi guys,
I recently bought an axe fx 2 mk2 second hand.
it has installed on it quantum 6.03
I bought fremen's presets which i know they are great but for some reasons something happens and my axe fx2mk2 gets frozen when select some certain patches.
I contacted fremen and he was very nice trying to help me but simply,the patches didn't work on my axe fx2mk2.
Now i am a little bit confused because I am not entirely sure that there is a software compatibility problem or a hardware issue as with the original presets from the factory the unit seems to work perfectly,i tried every single patch and they all sound perfectly and the unit doesn't get blocked.
I also tried to install previous versions of the firmware to see if i can get it sorted but everything I tried was unsuccessful.
i emailed meanwhile the fractal technical support to see what they say but it is very strange for me that the factory presets from the fractal website work perfectly,it doesn't make sense to be a hardware problem,unless i am wrong.
i tried importing his presets with fractal bot and axe edit,both unsuccessful...
has anybody have had this issue?
is there a way to test the hardware on the axe fx mk2?
fkn hell,i'm so frustrated because there are such beautiful things in fremen's presets that i would need in my live gigs as I am doing covers...
please help .
Many thanks!!!
\m/

If the factory presets work perfectly then I'd hesitate to suggest it is a physical fault

Maybe a corrupted download or preset(s) are the cause here but since you imply it just happens with some of the presets from Fremen, then are they always the same presets? It would be interesting to hear from other Mk II users who have his presets and compare your experiences.

It always happens with the same presets.
I am wondering if something is happening during the download.
I am thinking that some programs might corrupt the files(like firewalls,antivir,etc).
Meanwhile fractal suport answered my email and what they said was exactly like this:
'I would dump his presets, there is clearly something wrong with them that is causing your problem.'.must mention that I hadn't told them where I bought the presets.
Now I know that fremen is a nice and genuine guy also very good in what he is doing so I am entirely sure something is happening during the transfer,either in my pc or his pc.
Can't believe it's a hardware problem...

It musst be something in that particiular preset to cause this. I had this aswell with different presets which used to work fine and after a fw update they would freeze because of the changes in fw. Just delete that preset and you should be fine. Fremens presets are extremly good and there will be soon new presets with the new fw I'm sure. I had a pub gig last night and I ended up using Fremen's 1970 Plexi 5 scenes all night as it worked best and covers from clean, crunch, gain and more gain everything. ;)

Last edited:
Fremens presets are exremly good and there will be soon new presets with the new fw I'm sure. I had a pub gig last night and I ended up using Fremen's 1970 Plexi 5 scenes all night is it worked best and covers from clean, crunch, gain and more gain everything. ;)
Yes,the @fremen presets are excellent. I recently rode out a whole set using only his DC30 5 Scenes preset, with just some scene leveling and backing off Reverb because of the room I was playing.

Yes @Black Bitch@.
It happens not woth 1 preset but with plenty of them.
I installed the 3 banks provided,then starting gently changing from a preset to another.
I said gently because first time I thought that by doing quick change from a preset to another would make them crash,so unplugged my guitar(must mention that I had tried with guitar plugged as well)and started turning the wheel gently from 1st preset onwards.
So,when I was at the 25th preset,I already had to delete like 3 or 4 and got annoyed already,don't have time to restart the unit every time ,waiting until it loads,hoping not to crash again on the same preset,holding the recall button if didn't boot normally.
I thought it was something wrong with the presets from bank A.
I uninstalled them and installed the bank B only.
Story repeated here as well with plenty of them...
Again,uninstalled them and installed bank C.
Same story.
Then I made notes of some presets that made my axe fx getting frozen.
I uninstalled all the other presets and tried to install only the presets who were making troubles.
Every time I did that the axe would go frozen.
So I guess I can say it's not any hardware,but just presets making it crash.
Something happens probably during the download or during the process of opening the archive file(Rar,zip,etc).

Yes @Black Bitch@.
It happens not woth 1 preset but with plenty of them.
I installed the 3 banks provided,then starting gently changing from a preset to another.
I said gently because first time I thought that by doing quick change from a preset to another would make them crash,so unplugged my guitar(must mention that I had tried with guitar plugged as well)and started turning the wheel gently from 1st preset onwards.
So,when I was at the 25th preset,I already had to delete like 3 or 4 and got annoyed already,don't have time to restart the unit every time ,waiting until it loads,hoping not to crash again on the same preset,holding the recall button if didn't boot normally.
I thought it was something wrong with the presets from bank A.
I uninstalled them and installed the bank B only.
Story repeated here as well with plenty of them...
Again,uninstalled them and installed bank C.
Same story.
Then I made notes of some presets that made my axe fx getting frozen.
I uninstalled all the other presets and tried to install only the presets who were making troubles.
Every time I did that the axe would go frozen.
So I guess I can say it's not any hardware,but just presets making it crash.
Something happens probably during the download or during the process of opening the archive file(Rar,zip,etc).

Please send copies of the preset(s) that are causing issues to support. This indicates a firmware bug and if we can reproduce it we should be able to fix it.

Fremen helped me and now the presets are working.
he said it was a problem of communication in between ax fx and axe edit...
Thank you all!

Reactions: Rex
Fremen helped me and now the presets are working.
he said it was a problem of communication in between ax fx and axe edit...
Thank you all!
Don't leave us in suspense. :)

What was the fix?

Sending the files with Fractal bot cured it. Importing with Axe Edit froze his unit

I was helping him at 2:30 AM this morning, using an application he suggested, which allowed me to remotely control his computer :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
What's strange is that I guessed he used Fractal Bot to send the banks… I forgot to ask him to confirm that

btw Rex, off topic, check the thread on Heavy Metal Africa ;)

Back
Top Bottom