Axe FX 2 MK 2 ..... Compressor Block ..... having issues ..... need some tips please .....

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

The only "effect" Im really having issues dialing in is the Compressor.

By way of background, before going digital, my go-to-real-comp was a Mooer Yellow Compressor - which as you probably know, is a "clone" of the clasic " Diamond Compressor".

Its very tranparent ... and could easly be used [almost] across the board all [most] clean and dirty tones.

By way of example .... please see here:-

and specifically go to bypass/active demos in the 3m 52s <-> 4m 47s section.

No matter what I do, I just cant get this "sound" ...... although given everything else the Axe can do, Im sure its "in there" but I need some assitance :)

Can anyone please assist with some Axe Compressor settings [ Studio or Pedal ] that respond like the 55s section in the above video demo ?

Thanks,
Ben

I usually set it up so that when I hit the loudest possible notes/chords it compresses between 3&6dB. 6 being on the heavy end of a lot. This way you get the sustain, evens things out, without killing dynamics and adding noise. And I prefer the studio compression.

Try the Pedal Comp1 with Attak 1.280, Release 19, auto off, Emphasis 8, Lookahead 0

It comes close, but I didn´t find a way to get the same thickness of my Diamond Comp.
Still impossible for me to get a real country twäng. What about a new comp Modell based on the Boss CS2 :)?

I think, it should be possible to model the Mooer - It does not sound that special.

I wish though that we would get some G3 compressors. I find that almost all the legendary compressors add a little bit of character and/or saturation to the sound

Back
Top Bottom