Axe-Fx 2 melodic jam by Stel Andre

Very nice... I have not really played any factory presets in quite a while, but now I'm gonna go check that one out :)

While on YT, I also watched your lesson #2 - great advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot man! Well yeah, all the preset are really nice straight out of the box. Worth jamming with them!

Thanks a lot man! Well yeah, all the preset are really nice straight out of the box. Worth jamming with them!

I think I only played with them before I had a full FRFR rig, and so was not super impressed :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, I loaded up that preset yesterday ready to be impressed... not so much :(

It is incredibly hissy and noisy, without even playing a note. Also, seemed very bright to me (through my Matrix/Xitones FRFR). Using the stock IBZ USA (DiMarzio) pickups in my '87 Sabre.

What changes did you make to the preset? Did you have to roll off your volume or tone?

Ultimately, the hiss was just too much for me.

Thanks for your comments ppl!

So, I loaded up that preset yesterday ready to be impressed... not so much :(

It is incredibly hissy and noisy, without even playing a note. Also, seemed very bright to me (through my Matrix/Xitones FRFR). Using the stock IBZ USA (DiMarzio) pickups in my '87 Sabre.

What changes did you make to the preset? Did you have to roll off your volume or tone?

Ultimately, the hiss was just too much for me.

As far as that, I remember I've changed the 2nd amp to the USA IIC+ Norm. I do have a bit of a noise but not that much. U can try to noise gate that a little. It might be the fr/fr connection as well or maybe the guitar. I'm using the Music Man JP6 and the tone is straight from the Axe Fx 2 to my computer, as a sound card. So dunno.. maybe that affects that. I dont really remember altering the volumes, instead there is a chance of increasing the overdrive in amp1 if i can recall. The thing is that I overwriten that patch onto the original "117 Blues Aroncino" one. So I cant do the comparison at the moment. But they key to make your own divine tone, is to sit down for several hours and make a patch from scratch, trying every amp and every cab combination without anything else in the chain. Just amp and cab, so you get the basic tone as close as it gets to what you want. Then you can add drives eqs multimple amps or delayes or etc. Option two, is to find one preset that fits you well and try to alter it untill it does the job for you. Time consuming process I know! :D

Thanks for your comments ppl!

As far as that, I remember I've changed the 2nd amp to the USA IIC+ Norm. I do have a bit of a noise but not that much. U can try to noise gate that a little. It might be the fr/fr connection as well or maybe the guitar. I'm using the Music Man JP6 and the tone is straight from the Axe Fx 2 to my computer, as a sound card. So dunno.. maybe that affects that. I dont really remember altering the volumes, instead there is a chance of increasing the overdrive in amp1 if i can recall. The thing is that I overwriten that patch onto the original "117 Blues Aroncino" one. So I cant do the comparison at the moment. But they key to make your own divine tone, is to sit down for several hours and make a patch from scratch, trying every amp and every cab combination without anything else in the chain. Just amp and cab, so you get the basic tone as close as it gets to what you want. Then you can add drives eqs multimple amps or delayes or etc. Option two, is to find one preset that fits you well and try to alter it untill it does the job for you. Time consuming process I know! :D

When I tried that factory patch it has only 1 amp block... Maybe I've got an outdated preset... It's been a while since I loaded those, since I normally just create my own patches (as you suggest).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, whatever it all is you're having and doing there, the color in your tone is so pleasing. More refined than pretty much anyone I've heard. Makes me wanna listen.

Very similar tone and style to one of my favourite players right now;

Yeah, that's pretty good....except the last one......one thing I've never liked about Satriani's tone, particularly post-Not of this Earth.

Nothing beats Stel's Let's Shred tone. That is the fucking ultimate - because it almost [doesn't] sound like a guitar.

Back
Top Bottom