Axe fx 2 matrix gt1000fx mustaine 4x12 cab

buzard

Hi all I have the ax fx2 and gt1000fx matrix running throught mustaine 4x12 marshall cab running through fx loop output 2 any tips for this setup , resonant freq in amp block speaker page , gain ect use mainly jcm800 models

Hi all I have the ax fx2 and gt1000fx matrix running throught mustaine 4x12 marshall cab running through fx loop output 2 any tips for this setup , resonant freq in amp block speaker page , gain ect use mainly jcm800 models
Most will tell u to disable any cab sims, speaker drive and to lower the low res in amp block I think. Dont be afraid to see how it sounds with the cab sims on. For my Orange cabs it seems to sound so much better running a cab sim on, especially since I use some custom tonematched IR's. Try it all.

Most will tell u to disable any cab sims, speaker drive and to lower the low res in amp block I think. Dont be afraid to see how it sounds with the cab sims on. For my Orange cabs it seems to sound so much better running a cab sim on, especially since I use some custom tonematched IR's. Try it all.
Thanks,
Will give it a try with cab sims on as well

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-speaker-lf-resonance.78003/

Read up here. Cliff's explanation of the low frequency resonance. I find it pretty important for getting things feeling right, but I'm still in the very early stages of figuring out how to really set it up.
Thanks for this link awsome info, also found in a couple of the later replies on the same thread using a synth block method to find low res, might give this a go and see if it helps.
Thanks again chain of thought.

Back
Top Bottom