AXE FX 2 Marshall Plexi vs UAD MArshall Plexi??

IIRC someone did a while back (a few months ago), maybe search some old threads?

I did find the thread that I think you may be referring to but the links in it do not seem to work.

i a/b compared it a while ago, axe is the winner, i think the bigger part is the IR. you can definately get a good sound out of UAD but the feel-fun compared to axe is really weak...

i know i allways say it but for me when it comes to delays and reverbs. its the other way around...UAD is the winner.

Seems like each of them do better in their main territory...IMHO

Reactions: RDH
I don't have any A/B clips to share, but the Axe is the clear winner for me.

UAD makes unbelievable plugs and the their modeling is arguably the best out there, but the specialized/customizable nature of the Axe makes it pretty tough to compete with for this application.

I suspect a crucial part of this is the analog front end of the Axe. Not only is this a higher quality input compared to most interfaces, but the algorithms in the Axe can be tailored to the front end of the Axe, knowing exactly what input will be used for processing. A simple plugin doesn't have that advantage. Of course, this wouldn't be the case of you were using the Axe to reamp a dry signal recorded on different gear. I'd be curious to do some tests as to how that would sound compared to plugging right into the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom