Axe fx 2 makes noise when plugged into ehx magnum 44

Uluevli

Hey guys..
I have too much noise when i plugged axe fx 2 xl output to ehx magnum 44 then to marshall 1936 lead cabinet. There is so loudy noise. Beside when i powered my analog pedalboard with exh magnum 44 everything is superfine no ground noise.. does anyone guess why it happens ?

If you can describe 'noise' in more detail (or even better post a soundclip) then ideas and possible solutions will come flooding in.
At the moment we can't begin to guess at causes nor solutions...

Ground loop.

Try the Ground switch at the rear of the Axe-Fx.
Make sure the Axe-Fx and Magnum are plugged into the same grounded power strip.
Use a HumBuster cable from Axe-Fx OUT to Magnum 44.

Ground loop.

Try the Ground switch at the rear of the Axe-Fx.
Make sure the Axe-Fx and Magnum are plugged into the same grounded power strip.
Use a HumBuster cable from Axe-Fx OUT to Magnum 44.
I've tried the switch but did not work...
They are plugged into same also..
Cannot upload a file.due to 2mb limit :(

If you can describe 'noise' in more detail (or even better post a soundclip) then ideas and possible solutions will come flooding in.
At the moment we can't begin to guess at causes nor solutions...
Sounds like a digital npise not a ground noise.. Also when i do move power adaptor sound changes.

I once had two line6 pedals (space chorus and compressor) and if I plugged them into the same ac adaptor there was a terrible noise; on the other hand, if I plugged each one in its own ac adaptor there was no noise at all.

Hi there i also just bought the same power amp to use with my afx xl. Didnt try yet because im abroad. Can give you feedback when i get back home.

Tr: Selamlar trdensin herhalde. Ben şu an abddeyim. Magnumu burdan aldım. Dönüşte deneyeceğim.

If you move an ac power adaptor around and it changes the noise then this suggests rfi or emi. If you have your signal and power cables running near each other then try and make some space and see if this helps.

If you have a switching power supply then I wonder if either it is low qualiy or has an inherent problem/fault?

If you move an ac power adaptor around and it changes the noise then this suggests rfi or emi. If you have your signal and power cables running near each other then try and make some space and see if this helps.

If you have a switching power supply then I wonder if either it is low qualiy or has an inherent problem/fault?

Hi..
The power supply of the Magnum 44 is its original..
I made some space but it did not work :( It is really so annoying...

I put a 4sec video on my instagram account if you would like to see... Account name: caneruluevli

I once had two line6 pedals (space chorus and compressor) and if I plugged them into the same ac adaptor there was a terrible noise; on the other hand, if I plugged each one in its own ac adaptor there was no noise at all.
Yeah.. When i plugged my analog pedals it so clear.... No noise too.. But the problem is only with when i plugged my Axe fx2 xl output...

Yeah !!! Problem solved...
I have canceled the EHX magnum 44 power cable ground pins.. so it is pure ,)

Last edited:
I am not sure if I understand correctly but... have you removed the ground connection from the mains power???

I am not sure if I understand correctly but... have you removed the ground connection from the mains power???
nope.. I've disabled the ground pins of the power circut which i plugged the EHX to. Sorry for not clear explanation.

I was home for a day and tried it, and had no problem at bedroom level volume. Now i'm away again, i'll try higher volume when i get back in a couple of days..

I have two one spots on my power strip, if they are plugged into outlets next to eachother they make noise, i move them two outlets apart from each other, the noise goes away.

Back
Top Bottom