Axe fx 2 highgain clip request

For starters IME you guys are going to need to define what your idea of hi gain is. Next, don't hold your breath because only a handful of people have Axe IIs and so far as I can tell none of them are into modern hi gain. Good luck though :)

FWIW I wouldn't mind hearing some Faceless era Godsmack tones or some heavier Alter Bridge ;)

Cheers

When I hear "high gain" I think of it literally as just a "high gain" tone ... I never describe the sound I'm going for as "high gain" because... Marshall jcm2000's are high gain and so are 5150's... 5150's nail the sound I like, any marshall never could unless it was eddie's modified marshall. Maybe he just wants a "high gain" sound but he most likely means... brutal metalcore or djent.. but I've been wrong before!

KsE fan makes an interesting point. I think a lot of guys looking for "high-gain" are not just looking for the tone, but the playing style as well. Just because you hit the high-gain switch doesn't suddenly make it heavy metal. I've used my "metal" settings for worship on Sunday. It didn't sound metal because I wasn't playing metal.

That said, Mark Day posted a high-gain demo; it's on the first page, last I checked. Not exactly heavy metal, but a good listen none the less. ;)

Back
Top Bottom