Bug? Axe Fx 2 having volume issues - Solved

SevenLights

Hey all, my band is switching to AxeFx for our stage show and I just needed to see if anyone can help out. We are trying to plug it into a normal Mesa 4x12 cabinet that functions fully with a tube head. The issue we are having is that when we turn it on the volume is barely audible. None of the knobs would affect the volume and also when I went into the utility menu to adjust the db controls on knob A, B and O1,O2 it did make it slightly louder but then it started clipping badly. The catch is that the headphones worked fine, so I'm beginning to wonder if it is a physical internal output problem or what?

Thanks guys

Hey all, my band is switching to AxeFx for our stage show and I just needed to see if anyone can help out. We are trying to plug it into a normal Mesa 4x12 cabinet that functions fully with a tube head. The issue we are having is that when we turn it on the volume is barely audible. None of the knobs would affect the volume and also when I went into the utility menu to adjust the db controls on knob A, B and O1,O2 it did make it slightly louder but then it started clipping badly. The catch is that the headphones worked fine, so I'm beginning to wonder if it is a physical internal output problem or what?

Thanks guys
what Axe output are you using?
what cables are you using?
what are you connecting to on the amp?
what amp is it?
how high did you turn up the output knob?

more details like this will help.

what Axe output are you using?
what cables are you using?
what are you connecting to on the amp?
what amp is it?
how high did you turn up the output knob?

more details like this will help.

Turns out the problem should have been obvious. We weren't plugging into power amp at all and the cab is passive lol. Noob struggles.

Back
Top Bottom