AXE FX 2 FW18 comparison vs FW17

chasingsafety

Well, I pulled the trigger on FW18 after an hour of sweaty palms and cold sweats

This is a track I have been working on for a few days, and already had a rough mix done with fw17, so I re-recorded with fw18 for comparison purposes.

Both tracks are using the FAS modern with ownhammer v3 impulses, and Deluxe Verb for the atmospheric lead. Slight compression added to overall mix using ozone, I know the comparison is not ideal because the FAS modern was not one of the amps that have been re-coded using G3, however as noted in the release notes, all amps will benefit from the new algorithm!

Enjoy!

FW17:

FW18:

Last edited:
well...assuming that everything is the same but the FW, I think it's pretty significant if I can tell a difference. Normally, I can't tell the difference between samples. I'm sure this will make for some great forum posts as people love and hate what the firmware does to the amps! :)

Thanks for posting.

well...assuming that everything is the same but the FW, I think it's pretty significant if I can tell a difference. Normally, I can't tell the difference between samples. I'm sure this will make for some great forum posts as people love and hate what the firmware does to the amps! :)

Thanks for posting.

Everything is identical in the mix, same track layout, same compression. Essentially all I did was remove old guitars and re record, dropping the guitar tracks in the same insert as the fw17 mix.

I can really hear the difference at 1:08 and after. It really stands out sorta 3d like with a smoother/sharper tone. Very nice.

I like v18: more punch and alive. I prefer v17 only for chords bridge after 1:00: clearer.

Back
Top Bottom