Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

I was just wondering what you guys who imported your AFX marked it as for customs? When I bought my Ultra, I just walked it through the gate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to know in the next day or so. Thanks heaps.

Is it coming as a package or are you carrying it yourself? Either way "audio equipment" should suffice.

Thanks for that. It's a package. I heard some people marking them different things and their customs charges was different by what it was marked as.

Yeah I heard that if it's marked as an fx pedal the duties are less than if it were marked as a preamp, I can neither confirm nor deny that as fact though.

Yeah I heard that if it's marked as an fx pedal the duties are less than if it were marked as a preamp, I can neither confirm nor deny that as fact though.

Only 10% GST applies, all the other duties and tariffs have been eliminated since the US-Australia Free Trade agreement started. I shipped in an Eventide H7600 a year ago and only paid 10%.
Importing Goods by Post

Hey "rickgk" I read your initial 'review' if you can call it that earlier in this thread, and I was wondering how you feel about the unit after having it for a while and/or consider posting a proper review to the reviews section, as i am very interested in what a fellow Australian has to say about the unit.

Congrats to the aussies for thumping us 42-6 in the league, made us look like fools. I dont like rugby but that was a pretty awesome performance from the all blacks. Good times

All Blacks by 14. I hate being right :)

Congrats to the Kiwis, the scoreline was generous to the Aussies, frankly.
I hate to admit it but a lot of New Zealanders were right ... the best player by far for the All Blacks was: Quade Cooper. I especially love his passes to invisible players, always good for a laugh, but, his aimless kicking is even better. The love affair with Quade is over, Rugby League can have him.

All Blacks to thump the Frog eating surrender monkeys for sure!

Hey "rickgk" I read your initial 'review' if you can call it that earlier in this thread, and I was wondering how you feel about the unit after having it for a while and/or consider posting a proper review to the reviews section, as i am very interested in what a fellow Australian has to say about the unit.

Well my opinion hasn't much changed, it's a great unit no doubt, with all the options available at your finger tips there would have to be something wrong with you if you couldn't pull a great tone from it.
The touch sensitivity is somewhat improved over the ultra I used to own I must admit.

But overall I am a little disappointed with it after all the glowing reviews I read on this forum, especially with the factory presets.
I still need to go into the advanced params and block the extreme lows and highs etc and there are some annoying frequencies that I get rid of with peq's etc

Here's the thing though, I probably would never have noticed these issues if I had jumped straight from the ultra to the 2, but I sold the ultra when the 2 was announced and purchased the scuffham amps s-gear software to get me by until the 2 arrived and to be honest I think it spoiled me a bit, the raw amp tones and presets are already 99% of the way there and more natural sounding (to my ears) and as ive stated before
All I need to think about is what I need to add to the sgear presets not what I need to get rid of in the way of odd frequencies, for me sticking one of the many free vst TS style pedals up front gets everything where I want it to be, and the scary thing is the sgear is only $75 or something crazy like that and I get all the raw amp tones I want from it.

So to summarize if I had jumped straight from the ultra to the 2 I'd probably be happy enough, what I do now is try to avoid the s-gear software like the plague otherwise I start picking the shit out of the 2.
When I avoid the s-gear for a while my ear gets accustomed to the 2 and I'm fine.
With all the tools at your disposal in the 2 you should be able to pull the tone your looking for with some knowledge and persistence.

Now having said all this I expect my opinion to change when the new firmware with pentode modelling becomes available. I think that will remedy the bottom end wooliness, and other issues I have with the raw amp tones in the 2.

Whoa - Major Protest - I appreciate this thread got a little OT recently, but that's only because we have had no news for so long.

Regardless this is NOT a Lounge discussion - it is a central point for all of us to find out what is going on with Axe arrivals in Australia and NZ. Please return it to the Axe II discussion area where it belongs.

Is there any threads or words of progress with the stock on Axe II's?

I've heard a bunch of times FAS is waiting on components and yadda yadda.... is there a thread or something where this is updated so I can follow it?

Clearly if FAS isn't producing units and US doesn't even have enough to keep up with demand over there, we have about 0.017% chance of getting anything here.

I guess my real conundrum is getting an Ultra off ebay for about 1500-1800, or getting a II off ebay for about 3200-3300 delivered (probably 3500 with customs duties).
When you do the math, paying double the cost for a II doesn't really seem worth it... but at the same time I don't want to dump 1.5k on a (soon to be) outdated unit.... oh the choices :(
Maybe I can hunt around and try find a standard super cheap... chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Not that I know of, but I haven't pestered Andrew recently. As was mentioned there has been a hold up on parts so things could well be behind schedule now. IIRC they have been shipping some more units recently though, so hopefully that means they have plenty of parts now.

Cheers.

Is there any threads or words of progress with the stock on Axe II's?

I've heard a bunch of times FAS is waiting on components and yadda yadda.... is there a thread or something where this is updated so I can follow it?

Clearly if FAS isn't producing units and US doesn't even have enough to keep up with demand over there, we have about 0.017% chance of getting anything here.

I guess my real conundrum is getting an Ultra off ebay for about 1500-1800, or getting a II off ebay for about 3200-3300 delivered (probably 3500 with customs duties).
When you do the math, paying double the cost for a II doesn't really seem worth it... but at the same time I don't want to dump 1.5k on a (soon to be) outdated unit.... oh the choices :(
Maybe I can hunt around and try find a standard super cheap... chances of that happening are pretty slim.

there are some in the store now if you wanted to do the priceusa thing but the risk is they will be gone by the time the transfer etc is done

would work out cheaper than ebay IMO

really hope we get some more soon :(

Pestered Andrew for an update and the upshot is that he's not had an update and he's still waiting on October shipment. So yeah, I would say next month at the earliest :cry

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom