Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

What about using the axe as your primary soundcard and then running the mbox into the line in of the axe?

Hmm that's plausible, good thinking, but i'd prefer not to have to have the axe on every time i need to do some mixing etc.
The signal chain would get pretty messy too as i use a mic pre for vox as well.

Is anyone able to use the USB recording function in conjunction with their existing audio interface?
I use an mbox2 to record vocals and feed my studio monitors, it seems that if I want to use the USB to record I have to switch to the axe2 drivers which means I can no longer feed the monitors unless I plug them into the axe2 which is a major hassle.
I've tried the asio4all drivers but they introduce alot of latency.
The USB recording function was my main reason for switching to the axe2, but it hasn't worked out to be useful so far. I can see it being really handy for using as a portable solution with a laptop though.
Are you saying the Axe II USB audio interface doesn't play nice with others?

Correct, there are quite a few threads about it in the forum.
It's quite impractical for me as it is.
What it would be good for is using with a laptop as it's only audio interface whilst travelling, obviously you would need a pair of lightweight monitors or monitor with headphones but i personally don't like the sound of the 2 with headphones so far.

Oh. I'll definitely need more than one audio interface, so that's one feature of the Axe II I won't be able to make use of.
Thanks.

Lets hope we get some news soon of a new shipment :cry

well there are none available in the US for any type of buyer (retail, waiting list, Tone Merchants) so I think we should start looking for very comfy cushions at this point.

Apparently there's a stack of Axe IIs sitting around waiting on one part. Fingers crossed that part turns up soon and we get some more Axe IIs out this way in the near future. Cheers.

I saw some in stock a few days ago on the purchase page

honestly after reading about europe etc, I think we are real lucky to get what we did! it did seem like not a bad quantity after the people that posted

and yes, hopefully parts turn up and we all get some more soon!

Yeah I hope all you guys waiting get yours soon, I feel like an arse posting comments about the unit in this thread while others are still waiting to get one. Sorry guys.

Hi guys
I'm in Perth for a couple of days. Can anyone recomend a nice and friendly guitarshop or a musicstore where I can hang arround for a little while?
Also if someone from Perth knows whats on for the weekend (some clubs with livemusic for example), let me know.
Thx
Dieter

Sorry Dieter - looks like the Perth types have nothing to recommend - what else do you expect from a bunch of sand gropers? :D

As this thread has become the defacto Aust-NZ corner of Fractal land, does anyone have an opinion on the upcoming clash in Auckland?

As a proud Australian, let me say in advance that I expect we will get caned severely by the All-Blacks.

Well the aussies are going to smash us in the league before the rugby, its Lockyers last game........lol im picking 46-6 but we will probably win the 4 nations from a Benji flick pass with 2 mins to go. In the rugby I think if Cooper has a good game you guys might just get an upset. But if your forwards dont stand up they could get rolled. All blacks by 3 I think. Im picking France to go through to the final

I agree with you on France, but I think it will be a comfortable win - I'll predict the All Blacks by 11.

League - a moot point. Australia winning at League is like Australia winning at Australian Rules, not really a major accomplishment given that it's not really a major sport in NZ. (Of course when you won in 2009 it was a big deal, for the same reasons).

We are current world champions at league, also current 4 nation champs and just had 3 teams in the grand final, just saying haha :p

Sorry Dieter - looks like the Perth types have nothing to recommend - what else do you expect from a bunch of sand gropers? :D

As this thread has become the defacto Aust-NZ corner of Fractal land, does anyone have an opinion on the upcoming clash in Auckland?

As a proud Australian, let me say in advance that I expect we will get caned severely by the All-Blacks.
Not gonna happen - we will win. Mainly because Quade Cooper is set for a good one - he always has a awful game before he has a good 'un. And lets face it against the Springboks he had a shocker. I'm all set for a France/Australia final :mrgreen.

That reminds me better update my Fantasy Team for the semi's gonna load the team with as many Australians as I can :razz.

Last edited:
Hi Dieter

Park Music in Victoria Park and Kosmic Sound in Osbourne Park are pretty much the main stores. If you are free in Saturday night we could catch up and check out a band. I am having dinner with my wife till about 7.30 then she is off to a girls only party so I am free from then. drop me a text on 0417 952 563

Cheers Simon

Hi Dieter

Park Music in Victoria Park and Kosmic Sound in Osbourne Park are pretty much the main stores. If you are free in Saturday night we could catch up and check out a band. I am having dinner with my wife till about 7.30 then she is off to a girls only party so I am free from then. drop me a text on 0417 952 563

Cheers Simon

Hi Simon
Thanks very much I'll check out Park Music tomorrow. On Saturday night I'm going to have dinner too, somewhere in Fremantle with my wife. She's on a doctors conference and I'm just joining her as a luggage-slave :) So I won't make it to the band.
Thx again
Cheers
Dieter

I was just wondering what you guys who imported your AFX marked it as for customs? When I bought my Ultra, I just walked it through the gate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to know in the next day or so. Thanks heaps.

Back
Top Bottom