Axe-Fx 2 battery replacement

Maegirom

Hi, here Mario from Spain. (Sorry if my english is not good enough)
I have one of the first units of the Ax 2 and I recently found out that it has a battery that lasts approximately 10 years. I'm already running out of time ... and I start touring next week (If Covid allows).
The thing is ... At that time I worked out the tones, options for the pedalboards, midi, CC, etc ... and I left it that way. I could say that I have forgotten all the tricks that I learned. To the limit that I continue with firmware 9.01 for not changing anything at all. I have about 20 presets that I use with my bands, and I don't think I would be able to put it all together again in case I had to start from scratch.
So, I understand that changing the battery (a CR2450, correct?) Will reset EVERYTHING, right? With the fractal bot, can EVERYTHING be backed up and then rescued (Midi CC changes, external control assignments, global EQs, etc. etc.? (presets aside, of course)

Would there be an option to change the battery WITHOUT resetting the unit? I know you are going to tell me not to even think about it, but, in theory, changing the battery with the unit plugged in, or even bypassing a couple of cables to a second battery so that when removing the first one it is ALREADY receiving current from the second one?

I hope you can give me a hand. Thanks and best regards.

You sound like you want to go through a huge amount of effort to save yourself some effort later..?

FractalBot backs up everything, system settings, cabs, presets. You should just be able to back that up, swap the battery, and restore the backups no problem.

Back
Top Bottom