Axe fx 2 as sound processor only

serge20261

Inspired
Gigged last week with my new rig,Axe,Matrix 1000 amp ,Matrix q12 speakers,and a mastermind GT controller,the cleaner sounds were Awsome the Gain sounds were awful,so much variation in volume it was disastrous.This is going to take me so much longer then the average guy to sort out, (wonder why I get myself into these situations) I'm the King of Noob.So what I was thinking was using my good ol Shiva and my 2x12 Bogner oversize cab,with the Ax as a sound processor only,till I can get a handle on it.
My noob question,do I disable amps and cabs in the Axe? How do I connect it to my shiva?
What would be the best way to disable amp and cab?
If there is anyone in Sydney that knows how to set these things up,I would welcome you with open arms and of course pay for your time ,I'm thinking of hiring a studio for a day to sort it out

If you are really this inexperienced, I'd suggest you to stick to only two or three global amp blocks, like the channels of your Bogner.

This will keep things really simple.

If you have trouble in leveling the presets, you will have trouble leveling presets with an external amplifier, unless you are comfortable with parallel routing and stuff like that. I you were, you weren't a "Noob". :)

Have you been dialing in your presets at gig volume?

Check out the 4 cable method to run the Axe's effects before your Shiva and in the Shiva's loop: Connecting using 4CM with combo/preamp - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Instead of messing with your current presets, especially while you're learning to dial them in, copy your presets to new locations and delete or bypass the Amp and Cab blocks and add the FX Loop block where appropriate - use these FX only versions with your Shiva.

Last edited:
No,at practice the power amp is at nine,and the axe at twelve,at the gig it was power amp at one and axe at three,like I said loved the cleans,but the gains all over the shop volume wise.

Have you been dialing in your presets at gig volume?

Check out the 4 cable method to run the Axe's effects before your Shiva and in the Shiva's loop: Connecting using 4CM with combo/preamp - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Instead of messing with your current presets, especially while you're learning to dial them in, copy your presets to new locations and delete or bypass the Amp and Cab blocks and add the FX Loop block where appropriate - use these FX only versions with your Shiva.
Thanks for your response
No patches are set,at levels to avoid being shot by neighbours so it would be no where near gig volume.
Ok so if I like the effects in an existing preset,is it just a matter of bypassing amp and cab.?

If you are really this inexperienced, I'd suggest you to stick to only two or three global amp blocks, like the channels of your Bogner.

This will keep things really simple.

If you have trouble in leveling the presets, you will have trouble leveling presets with an external amplifier, unless you are comfortable with parallel routing and stuff like that. I you were, you weren't a "Noob". :)
I'm a noob,something to do with me and anything associated with computing,as an added precaution I purchased an expression pedal mission SP-1 RJM ,in case I had these volume spikes,do you think I could set it up...........no

Back
Top Bottom