axe fx 2 and effects help

lironas1

hey friends how are you today ?
i am useing my axe fx 2 with my mesa rk 2- most of the times i am using him as stompbox- i would like to get detalis how you guys get your effects setup, settings and everything
i mean if you have presets is the best i couldnt find for stompbox, or if you have pics
what i am asking is how you put the mix, how you put the settings of delay; churos, reverb and everything
i am using it with 2 cables
thank you all

Delete the amp and cab in factory presets.

Yep, delete the amp and cab blocks in a preset and replace them with shunts. (Or start with an empty preset and add the effects block you want.)

It sounds like you're using the Axe Fx in the effects loop of your Road King? Effects like reverb, delay, chorus work well in the effects loop. You may find that other effects such as distortion blocks and compressors are best before the Road King's pre-amp, so you may want to look into the "4 cable method" if you start using those types of blocks.

what i am asking is how you put the mix, how you put the settings of delay; churos, reverb and everything

That's largely personal preference and just requires some experimentation. Some people like to run certain effects in parallel (such as reverb, chorus, delay), set the mix to 100%, and adjust the block's output level to dial in the amount of effect present. Also set the block's bypass mode to either mute (input or output), NOT through. There are some advantages to utilizing parallel blocks, but you'll just have to experiment.

Look for Chris@KatsuKuriMedia's numerous videos on setting up the Axe for a ton of useful tips.

Good luck. Have fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom