Axe for Lemur v3.00 ready for prime time

A member was kind enough to forward David's email to me. I just sent a message checking in to see how he is, if he's OK and inquiring about his status on Lemur development.

A member was kind enough to forward David's email to me. I just sent a message checking in to see how he is, if he's OK and inquiring about his status on Lemur development.

Thanks solo-act, and thanks to the forum member who provided Scrutinizer's contact info. I am hopeful that nothing serious has happened.

Terry.

I just sent David another email. This is the third one. He didn't reply to the other two. I don't know what's up, but for a guy who was great at communication, he suddenly went MIA without explanation.

I just sent David another email. This is the third one. He didn't reply to the other two. I don't know what's up, but for a guy who was great at communication, he suddenly went MIA without explanation.

Yes, it is certainly strange and not like him.

That receiver he just got is the receiver of my youth. My dad had that exact model for about 10 years. One of my first great lessons about tubes was when the receiver died (I later revived it). Dad said "go get something else." Got Sony solid state 35 watt rms a side receiver compared to Fisher's 30 watts. Then wondered why Sony sounded completely anemic compared to Fisher. Hmmm? Wonder why?

I'd love to have that Fisher. I have a Scott 299C that's pretty great though. Imaging with tubes can be fantastic.

Does anyone use this with iPad 1, the first generation? I am having problems with the scenes indication in Lemur. When I change scenes on the Axe with the MFC or the front panel, the Lemur does not update and stays on the previous scene. Changing scenes from Lemur -> Axe works now and then with a bit of lag, but sometimes it doesnt register.

Latest software, using iRig midi direct between iPad and Axe. Did change to correct midi cc in Project/AxeForLemur/aUser/gen2/scenescc.

Wondering if using iPad 1 might be the problem here..

Midi Bridge

Does anyone use this with iPad 1, the first generation? I am having problems with the scenes indication in Lemur. When I change scenes on the Axe with the MFC or the front panel, the Lemur does not update and stays on the previous scene. Changing scenes from Lemur -> Axe works now and then with a bit of lag, but sometimes it doesnt register.

Latest software, using iRig midi direct between iPad and Axe. Did change to correct midi cc in Project/AxeForLemur/aUser/gen2/scenescc.

Wondering if using iPad 1 might be the problem here..

Have you seen this post?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...zer-template-works-just-using-midi-cable.html

It's sad to see this software die. I have not looked into it but I wonder if the templates are editable in detail so we could do our own upgrade on it. It's been a while since I've done any programming, but if I could get my head around what he was doing without too much difficulty, I'd be mildly interested in if I could add some of the later Axe FW release features. I guess he might not like that, but who knows. Also, it's possible he was told to cease and desist for some reason.

It's sad to see this software die. I have not looked into it but I wonder if the templates are editable in detail so we could do our own upgrade on it. It's been a while since I've done any programming, but if I could get my head around what he was doing without too much difficulty, I'd be mildly interested in if I could add some of the later Axe FW release features. I guess he might not like that, but who knows. Also, it's possible he was told to cease and desist for some reason.

The templates are editable. Somebody else, maybe SoloAct did some modification to make controls a bit more how he wanted them. Scrutinzer didn't have any problem with it and offered advice about how to do it. I wish I knew what happened to him and why development stopped on this. It's a great template. I, too, have thought about trying to learn enough to bring the template up to the present, but haven't had time to look into it. I still use the template, but it's now missing some amps and some controls on V12.

I have sent a request for his blessing to Scrutinizer, the purpose of which is to pick up the torch with a team of forum members with programming experience. Once we have his blessing to carry on where he has left off, I would like to put together a team of folks with programming experience to continue development on AxeForLemur.

I still use AxeForLemur live and at home and would love to see this project continue. I myself have programming experience and hopefully there are some like minds out there that would like to donate some time to see this project continue.

If you are interested in participated, especially if you have experience with Lemur, please send me a PM or reply to this post.

Thanks,

Pete

Back
Top Bottom