Axe for Lemur v3.00 ready for prime time

I'm seeing 139 amps - 10 per row in the dialog, 14 rows, last row only has 9 amp types.

How many do you see?

I only had three amps in the last row.

Re-downloaded and re-installed and they are all there now. My bad!

By the way, thanks so much for this extremely useful tool!

Guys, I could really use a hand. I deleted my old template and installed the latest one. I'm not sure if that was the trigger or not, but I can no longer connect to the Axe2 to do my edits. The Axe for Lemur template has been working fine for months. Here's what happens. . .

Under Settings/More Settings, in the MIDI Targets section, I no longer have the list of Lemur created midi ports showing up when I try to assign From or To ports. All that comes up is "Terry's-iPad". I have restarted the daemon on my Mac a number of times as well as completely reinstalling it. I've done the same with the Leumr app on my iPad (restart/reinstall). I've confirmed that my iPad is connected via Wifi to the same network as my Mac, and that my Mac is connected to the Axe2 (FractalBot works fine).

Before I log a call with the vendor I thought I'd post here and see if anyone can tell me something obvious that I've missed.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Terry.

Problem solved, although I'm not sure what the fix was. Came home today, popped open my iPad and now the Lemur created midi ports all show up. We had a power failure sometime today and I suspect a router reboot cleared a connectivity issue.

Terry.

I have never seen such a poor midi driver support on Mac for any device and I use many devices

+100000000000000000000 !!!!!!!

Dear Steve

Exactly my words! The main problem behind the USB connection is, that FAS didn't offer a real driver solution for MAC, instead they blame Apple for their poor clock adoption. Funny thing is - they use the host computer clock instead of their far superior internal clock generator in the axe and there is a special "soft" USB controller, which has to load into the axe after every power cycle. This makes the USB port in the axe not useable as a class compliant 2.0 device, what they said it should be! Otherwise you could run it directly with your iPad all day long without a external midi interface, without the (you name it) slow camera connection kit. I can't understand why FAS just misses out such a killer feature - everyone in the audio industry recognized the iOS devices compatibilty as a new market - FAS instead tells everyone they made their USB connection to the specs of a class compliant 2.0 device - but this is not yet fully supported for windows machines and their adoption on the mac, were class compliant 2.0 is possible, is real poor!

Last edited:
I have to add my post here about this most excellent interface. I know it seems a little on the setup side (need to have an iPad and preferably a computer/wireless setup, plus purchase Lemur and the Daemon) and for some like me may seem a little daunting to start (geez, now I have to learn another app). If you have the basic tools, I gotta say just do it. The touch screen usability, the flexible and (basically) complete layout of editable items, the almost instantaneous updates. What a valuable tool...

I still see folks posting about Axe-Edit and using the front panel, and that is fine as I can see and understand/relate to the various points of view. I know how to use the front panel and could easily do that as it works just fine, but I tell you I have not missed Axe-Edit once since I got this template up and running (which really took me about an hour to download Lemur and understand how to make it work, a breeze really). Can it improve - sure. What I really want is to be able to take my iPad to gigs to edit if needed, but I don't know if that option exists yet. Would also like use cab names instead of just slot numbers. Will I keep using this template after Axe-Edit comes out - probably. Will I send a few $$ to Scrutinizer for his great work - you bet I will.

Problem solved, although I'm not sure what the fix was. Came home today, popped open my iPad and now the Lemur created midi ports all show up. We had a power failure sometime today and I suspect a router reboot cleared a connectivity issue.

Terry.
I am so glad you got it working.

I often need to quit & restart the Lemur Daemon on my MacBook when I wake the MacBook from sleep.

Is it at all possible/feasible to use Lemur and Axe for Lemur on an iPhone?
Yes, the template will load and run on Lemur / iPhone.

But it is not fun or easy to use this way. I think the AxeFX front panel would be easier than trying to use the iPad size template on an iPhone. Lemur does not resize the template, instead it adds vertical and horizontal scroll bars so you see less than 1/4 of the screen at a time:

IMG_0495.PNG

IMG_0497.PNG

I have to add my post here about this most excellent interface. I know it seems a little on the setup side (need to have an iPad and preferably a computer/wireless setup, plus purchase Lemur and the Daemon) and for some like me may seem a little daunting to start (geez, now I have to learn another app). If you have the basic tools, I gotta say just do it. The touch screen usability, the flexible and (basically) complete layout of editable items, the almost instantaneous updates. What a valuable tool...

I still see folks posting about Axe-Edit and using the front panel, and that is fine as I can see and understand/relate to the various points of view. I know how to use the front panel and could easily do that as it works just fine, but I tell you I have not missed Axe-Edit once since I got this template up and running (which really took me about an hour to download Lemur and understand how to make it work, a breeze really). Can it improve - sure. What I really want is to be able to take my iPad to gigs to edit if needed, but I don't know if that option exists yet. Would also like use cab names instead of just slot numbers. Will I keep using this template after Axe-Edit comes out - probably. Will I send a few $$ to Scrutinizer for his great work - you bet I will.

I take this to gigs to edit sometimes. It works ok with midi interface cable and CC kit. It's not as fast as wireless, but it's useable.

If there was a way to associate official numbers of cabs to this page would also be very interesting
You mean adding cab# to each button? I am not sure if that would be an improvement. I could display the cab# and other info at the top of the cab selection dialog. That would be easy and useful I think.

FWIW I have started work on displaying the user cab names.

Also finished the SAVE PRESET feature last night. Notice the new button "Save Preset":
IMG_0433.PNG

When you tap the Save Preset button, the SEND buttons disappear, and a new button appears:
IMG_0434.PNG

And to prevent accidental overwrite of a preset, there is a final "Are You Sure?" confirmation before the template sends the Save_Patch command:
IMG_0435.PNG

Just picked up Lemur. Haven't had much time with it yet but WOW...really impressive.

The save feature seems like a nice addition, especially with the verification-prompt.

Working on the AxeII cab type dialog. I like it so far, seems easier to use. Whatcha think?

I like it. It's seems less cluttered and easier to navigate.

You mean adding cab# to each button? I am not sure if that would be an improvement. I could display the cab# and other info at the top of the cab selection dialog. That would be easy and useful I think.

The Wiki amp section recommends cabs by number. Having the number in the button would make it easy to try out the recommended cabs. Not sure if it can be done w/o making things too cluttered however.

You rock Scrutinizer! I was just about to ask for this. Having that info will be huge!!

Also finished the SAVE PRESET feature last night. Notice the new button "Save Preset"

Excellent!

This app has become truly invaluable to me. Kudos!!

Terry.

Also finished the SAVE PRESET feature last night. Notice the new button "Save Preset":
IMG_0433.PNG

When you tap the Save Preset button, the SEND buttons disappear, and a new button appears:
IMG_0434.PNG

And to prevent accidental overwrite of a preset, there is a final "Are You Sure?" confirmation before the template sends the Save_Patch command:
IMG_0435.PNG

Save button? Are you kiding? You are a killer

Yes David ,I agree with you

hi scrutinizer.
thx for your hard work. this template is amazing and everything is working flawlessly over usb or wifi connection.
there's only one problem with my brandnew "esi ntour cx" (ESI - MIDI nTour CX) ios midi interface: the layout view won't show me any block name inside the blocks and i can't edit blocks or routes
evereything else is working fine.
maybe the "ntour" won't recognize some specific sysex?

peter

Attachments

• IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
hi scrutinizer.
thx for your hard work. this template is amazing and everything is working flawlessly over usb or wifi connection.
there's only one problem with my brandnew "esi ntour cx" (ESI - MIDI nTour CX) ios midi interface: the layout view won't show me any block name inside the blocks and i can't edit blocks or routes
evereything else is working fine.
maybe the "ntour" won't recognize some specific sysex?

peter

That's a cool looking interface. I'd not seen a direct to IOS interface other than the Line 6 ones. I've been using the MAudio Uno, but the generic $7 (or so) midi interface off Amazon works, too, but I have to use CC kit. It's not nearly as fast as wireless or USB, but it's plug and play. For fairly basic tweaking and for having something that allows me to tweak at a gig in a hurry, it's great.

I know some people, including me, have used the MidiBridge app as an intermediary between their interface and the Lemur app. The MidiBridge app is a software midi router which buffers incoming sysex so that it doesn't get cut off, leaving patch loading incomplete. Incomplete loading sounds like your issue, though I'm not sure. You might want to try MidiBridge as it's probably cheaper than any other solution and it's a very useful program for IOS midi.

Back
Top Bottom