Axe for Lemur v3.00 ready for prime time

This is why I didn't get this. Any third party editor for Axe Fx has got to deal with mondo updates from Fractal. A lot of work keeping up. And then when the coder is MIA, damn.

I really worry as to what happened to David. He bought a ticket for Axe Fest II and never showed. Thinking that odd for him I called his phone number and left several messages with no reply. I certainly hope it's just a case of his moving on to different gear.

I too wish that he's OK. Indeed it's weird that there not been any news from him. The work he did is really impressive. If I had the time I would certainly give a go at keeping up the great template.

On all the boards I'm on I have allways feld appalled by signatures that both takes room and load's the server.
(+1 Yek).

Actually - not much impact to the Fractal server since my signature is just a link to a 3rd party hosting service (photobucket). The processing required to retrieve my signature image is done by the hosting site's server. Also, my signature image is "lo-rez" to go easy on my fellow Fractalites' browser resources.

My guitar playing sucks so I'm temporarily compensating with a big swingin sig. Once I can finally play Hotel California all the way thru @ full tempo, I'll reduce my sigsize. :)

Last edited:
This is why I didn't get this. Any third party editor for Axe Fx has got to deal with mondo updates from Fractal. A lot of work keeping up. And then when the coder is MIA, damn.

While I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to dive back into using the Lemur template, I got more than my money's worth while everyone on the Board was engaged in "wailing and gnashing of teeth" waiting for the official product to be released. It was an invaluable tool, and the only tool available, for quite some time.

Terry.

I know a few did, including myself. However, I think it's unlikely that was the reason Scrutinizer stopped work.

Terry.

Lemur updates came same or next day after Axe-fx updates. He had the thing so dialed in, I'm thinking it wasn't that much work. He spent more time adding whiz-bang features than keeping up with Fractal. Meanwhile AE, a far more complex product, was way behind Cliff. Are they at same/next day AE release yet?

I've done 15 firmware upgrades since 10.x and Lemur still works using Lemur 4.x on iPad 6.x
It remains my fastest tool for dialing presets.
The only thing not working for me is auto sync, but only when changing a preset. Once I manually load a block in a preset, it auto syncs when switching blocks in that preset.

IMO, it's still the fastest thing this side of the Fractal editing divide.

Latest news is I was PMd by someone wanting who wanted to do the command-replace to bring it to Lemur V5 compatibility. Lemur changed code on a common command. It needs to be replaced.

The code replace isn't hard, just takes some time. It's the bulk of what has to be done.

The rest is simply removing/adding interface elements and the commands for them to bring it to latest Axe-Fx firmware. Those commands are simple, short code. This isn't hard because 90% of the product is already complete in previous version. I can help with interface updating, but I'm a coder and haven't learned this code.

This project will only stay alive if forum users who can code are motivated to keep it alive.
I have the info on doing that, but will not waste my time on tire-kickers.

This project isn't hard, but it does need a self-motivated code guy. Touchscreen editing is the way to go, this product is 90% there. It's a project worth doing, and many would benefit.

Last edited:
I know this has been asked many times but, isn't there any one around who would be willing to do this for a certain amount of money that we could cover among all the users interested in this project?

We can set up a group paypal account or someone can do it from their own.

I think we could get $500. That might motivate someone. If I was a coder and hooked on the Lemur axe-fx editor, I'd be all over it.

Just recently it occurred to me an iPad editor might be fun. Well, it always looked fun, but now I'm not so strapped any more and Lemur has dropped the price a bit.

It is such a strange thing that Scrutinizer just up and left like that.
Through some links and googling it appears Scrutinizer lives or used to in Escondido?

I have restarted support for AxeForLemur. AxeFoLemur3.07.jzml is functional on Lemur 5.2 for IOS 8.

The Lemur APP with the AxeForLemur.jzml script is a robust iPad controller for Fractal AxeFx(tm). It was written by David Sorlien under an open non-commercial license. Development of the Lemur script ceased two years ago with version 3.06 and only runs on Lemur 4.1 ( no longer available ).

There is a crowd funding drive on GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to make AxeForLemur available to all. Additional work is required to update the script to 3.08 to support AxeFX Firmware 18.x. (Its 30k lines of code, in a 3.5meg file of quasi-xml/c-script, its no walk in the park).

I will support the script so long as there is interest from the Fractal community. Please use the 'Contact us' Form within GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to request a copy of 3.07, contribute and inquire.

Its an awesome tool. Lets get it ready for prime-time.

Thanks,
Brett.

Last edited:
Hi all, I just wanted to bump this topic and alert the community. Thanks to guifarm's efforts to update Scrutinizer's initial offering, this is currently a very useful, easy to use tool. Lemur (the host application?) is $24.95 in the app store. Guifarm is accepting donations for his efforts. I'd say 90% of the parameters of the current Axe Edit are present and working properly. Touch screen control of parameters is great! Put off buying that guitar case air freshener and send guifarm a little love! And if anybody out there who is running this can post a video of what it does, I think that would really increase the interest.

Back
Top Bottom