Axe for Lemur ready for beta testers

Thanks for new version! Its getting better and better :)
Just small remark: Butons 3,6,9 (in Preset square) are with lighter yelow then other - I guess its not intentional.
Is there possibility to use somehow the pannel with MIDI setting for other devices? For example what kind of commands you can send to Eclipse?

ps. donation sent
Thanks! Regarding the preset page button colors: I was trying to use color gradation where possible throughout the template, so it was on purpose. Now that you mention it, I am sure it will start to bother me and I will probably change it.

The template can send program change commands to other devices, like an Eclipse. You need to change the Target Device on the preset page...

But I just discovered - my other recent change introduced a bug - when you change Target Device the template jumps to the Amp page. I'll fix this soon, but for now ignore this and go back to the preset page.

... To send preset change commands to the Eclipse, go to the preset page, select the Eclipse as the target device, enter the preset number using the number keys then tap ENT. Enter the number as you would using the Eclipse front panel, the template converts this into midi bank/pg messages that the Eclipse understands. This assumes you have set up the necessary MIDI routing so Lemur can send messages to the Eclipse.

Scrutinizer, is there a website (besides this thread) where I can read a more condensed description and documentation of your Axe for Lemur product?

Great effort from what I can see so far!

- Thank’s! Program Change for other devices works indeed. It's quite logical, I have simply forgot to set the right routing in Lemur to access my other device.
My "other device" is Eventide H7600 and there is bit different method to access programs availaible, its 4 digits xyzw where xy is bank and zw is program. I'm wondering if it’s doable with Lemur. But I'm not bothering you with this question, I will try to figure it by myself as its far from Axe world.

Regarding colors - really sorry for bothering - I've simply misunderstood the intention of the creator.

Live With Lemur

So I played my first gig using AxeForLemur. I used an ad hoc wireless network set up on my macbook pro, and Lemur/AxeForLemur 2.05 running on my iPad. I was able to adjust parameters, mainly used volume, on the fly with great success. One of my favorite features is the tuner, having the ability to have a huge tuner right in front of me without having to either turn around or squint to see the screen was awesome. However, the one issue I did have was that while using the tuner, Lemur (AxeForLemur) crashed. I had to close down the app on my iPad and restart it in order for it to start working again.

Over all a great utility!!!

Is there a way to save the settings using Lemur?

Thanks,

Pete

Scrutinizer, is there a website (besides this thread) where I can read a more condensed description and documentation of your Axe for Lemur product?

Great effort from what I can see so far!
Thanks!

Yes, I realize it is rather undocumented. And I need to make a website and make demo videos. Right now none of that exists, sorry.

So I played my first gig using AxeForLemur. I used an ad hoc wireless network set up on my macbook pro, and Lemur/AxeForLemur 2.05 running on my iPad. I was able to adjust parameters, mainly used volume, on the fly with great success. One of my favorite features is the tuner, having the ability to have a huge tuner right in front of me without having to either turn around or squint to see the screen was awesome. However, the one issue I did have was that while using the tuner, Lemur (AxeForLemur) crashed. I had to close down the app on my iPad and restart it in order for it to start working again.

Over all a great utility!!!

Is there a way to save the settings using Lemur?

Thanks,

Pete
Were you running the editor app or was that just to load the template? I find the Lemur iPad app is more stable if the Editor App is closed. But I still do get occassional Lemur crashes, I think it is because the Lemur app drops the connection to a wifi target for some unknown reason. It could be a program error, I'll recheck the tuner section to see if bad incoming data might cause an issue.

What settings are you trying to save?

Actually, yes I was running the editor. It was to upload the load the template, but then I left it running just in case I needed to upload it again due to a crash etc. I will make it a point not to run the editor at the same time.

Settings I am trying to save would be whatever was changed, mainly volume and effect parameters. If there is a way to use Lemur to make the AxeFx save the preset after parameters have been changed I am not aware of how to do that.

Actually, yes I was running the editor. It was to upload the load the template, but then I left it running just in case I needed to upload it again due to a crash etc. I will make it a point not to run the editor at the same time.

Settings I am trying to save would be whatever was changed, mainly volume and effect parameters. If there is a way to use Lemur to make the AxeFx save the preset after parameters have been changed I am not aware of how to do that.
I have not tried to find the SysEx message that commands the AxeII to save a preset to memory. I think many of us are waiting patiently for FAS to release the AxeII midi specs to see how this and other things can be done remotely via MIDI.

A simple workaround is to use Volume Inc and Volume Dec. These are normally used to balance volume between presets, and the preset is saved each time these CC's are received. So you could tap Volume Inc, wait a second, then tap Volume Dec.

It would be easy to add custom buttons in the Ext Control page or Preset page to send these CC messages. If I add the feature, it will probably include an "Are you sure?" popup dialog with a "do not show again" option. The last thing I want to see is the template clobbering saved user presets with no warning.

Some updates:

I've updated the Axe for Lemur presentation from the LA Axe Fest. The link is in my sig. This is mainly for those who are thinking about getting Lemur to use Axe for Lmur but need more info about the features, limitations, and hardware requirements of the template. It is also for those that are using the template who want to see if there are features they have not discovered.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54889552/AxeforLemur_presentation_v2.pdf

A new version of the template is available:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.2.06.zip

Change Log:
Apr 24, 2013
Axe for Lemur version 2.06

Feature improvements and additions:
- Support for AxeFX II firmware version 10.02
- Amp block: added Plexi 100W Clean
- TMA block: Mode switch label is updated
- Quad Chorus block: added High Cut control
- Generic dialog now supports parameters that have non-zero minimum value
- Amp block, T Stack Location and MV Location changed to dialogs
- Reverb block, Echo Density and Number Springs changed to dialogs
- Comp block, Sidechain Select changed to dialog

Fixed Bugs
- Preset page, change target device, template would re-initialize & jump to amp page
- Preset page, target device would reset to A when assigning column B-D favorites
- Preset page, fixed labels on favorite buttons not visible until after first tap

Man - you did put a lot of work into that documentation and your update for 10.02 is again ready the next day - very impressive - thank you!

Man - you did put a lot of work into that documentation and your update for 10.02 is again ready the next day - very impressive - thank you!
+1

ha ha - this just happened to be post # 1010 - another "digital" thanks from me to Scrutinizer (I previously dedicated post 1001 to this thread)

Thanks guys!

To be perfectly honest, I've been able to do lots of work on my hobbies and home improvement because I have free time right now. I was recently laid off from the job I've had for 15 years. I was an apps engineer for a large IC manufacturer. I designed eval boards and eval software, validated new silicon, wrote datasheets and app notes. My employer recently gave me an award for my part in getting one of 'my' ICs designed into a high-volume device made by some fruity cellphone maker. But I was working at a remote location and this office was eliminated during a ~20% across-the-board layoff. I have no regrets and no hard feelings, though.

So I am technically unemployed starting yesterday. Feels very strange.

And if that was not enough my esophagus problem has been getting worse, I've lost about 30 pounds since Axe Fest. It's really difficult to eat due to the nausea that accompanies eating. The nausea meds just are not doing the trick anymore. Fortunately, there is a simple surgery that will help. It's an upper endoscopy to stretch the esophagus with a balloon. Totally painless, very low risk, and last time it made a huge difference in the way I felt after eating. In fact I just saw my surgeon this morning to review last week's test results (barium swallow xray, esophageal motility test) and based on those results he wants to do the surgery again, asap. Tentatively scheduled for early June, but man I wish it were sooner.

Best of luck Scrutinizer. Your work here is amazing and I'm sure you'll move on to an even better future. Good luck with everything. I love your attitude about your new opportunities.

All the best Scrutinizer! I keep fingers crossed for your surgery! We need you here in this "company". Your template is now my main Axe user interface. Thank you!

Best of luck with surgery and employment. Your health condition sounds incredibly unpleasant.

Your work here is amazing and has transformed how I work with the Axe.

I've been using the Ipad, Lemur, Midi Bridge and cc kit/midi interface cable lately, both live and in rehearsal. What a joy it is and the addition of Midi Bridge means I don't need my laptop to control the Axe anymore unless I want to be wireless.

Scrutinizer. Sad to hear the two bad news. All the best of luck with getting better and getting a new job.

You're doing a superb work with the AXE for LEMUR. Carry on!

Best of luck with the surgery (and job hunting). I haven't gotten around to trying your software yet but I'm looking forward to downloading and trying it sometime soon.....

Back
Top Bottom