Axe Fest West Coast 2012 Video Comments Thread

@Scott: Thanks for a great video! Clear, straightforward and simple.

Help me understand, Scott: before you dial in a preset, you bring up a touch of reverb to add some "room," but you turn off the Room parameters in the cab block? Do you like the actual reverb block better than the room-sim reverb?

Yes, yes... yes. ;) :D

Grat Vids thanks for Posting these!!

So Scott
you no longer tweak the params on the speaker tab in the amp block or mix the FF IR's any more?

No, I do not. Unless I want to, then I do. Most often (especially with the new IR's from Santiago, Fractal and Own Hammer... I do not. I'm not even mixing them in most cases).

What you see is what you get. I obviously do more when warranted but that is my base way of proceeding through every single time as a starting point. It's not hard... unless you don't have a method or path. Make it easy and it is easy.

Would it be possible to post the video's in the first post? This way it's much more convenient to find the material once the other video's are edited?

Great stuff guys and thank you to all involved.... These videos are very informative and helpful. Can't wait to see more!

Would it be possible to post the video's in the first post? This way it's much more convenient to find the material once the other video's are edited?

Thinking about how to organize everything as we speak. We will have the vids on Vimeo and YouTube. The problem with putting links in the first post of threads is that we have a window of time where you can edit posts on the forum (I think 48 hours). We'll figure something out...

Wow...
Simply amazing videos.

Damn can Mark play and really has a grasp on achieving "that" tone.

also amazing, the fact that the room was freezing cold in there, and he was the first presenter.
I had both hands in my jacket pockets trying to keep warm

Excellent! Thank you to everyone involved! I hope this can be put up in a downloadable (or even purchasable) format. Would love to actually own a copy of this.

Thank you so much does not seem like enough to say how grateful I am for everyone's hard work and the wonderful presentations. Scott, thank you so much for your very professional presentation. I really learned a lot from you and I am deeply appreciative. I am also so grateful for the great videos as I was unable to attend and now I can watch them and feel like I was there...great job all! And as always my deepest and most profound gratitude to Cliff, Matt and the rest of the Fractal team for not just creating this magical box but with it changing my musical life and bringing me endless amounts happiness each time I plug into it and for that I will be forever grateful! Thank you!

Quick question...will Matt's level setting video be coming in this same video link?

Thanks guys for all the hard work!

Thank all of you for your efforts preparing the talks, and also for those of you involved in putting together the videos. Much appreciated!

Quick question...will Matt's level setting video be coming in this same video link?

Thanks guys for all the hard work!

Eventually. Matt did that presentation on Sunday. We still have a few to get thru on Sat which include Cliffs' paramater adjustment and amp matching presentations, Lawrences' tone matching demo, Dweezils' dynaflanger presentation, and Tosins' performance.

Saturday was a jam packed 10 hour affair.

Eventually. Matt did that presentation on Sunday. We still have a few to get thru on Sat which include Cliffs' paramater adjustment and amp matching presentations, Lawrences' tone matching demo, Dweezils' dynaflanger presentation, and Tosins' performance.

Saturday was a jam packed 10 hour affair.

Cool, thank you! Also, I see this was a west coast event...do they have something like this on the east coast or mid-west?

Santiago's presentation was excellent!
He really has an amazing grasp on tone and what a player > very melodic.

Hey Scott:

Awesome presentation, and I am one of your target beginners for that presentation. One question: when dialing in the "red tickle" in the I/O section, is this guitar-specific? Meaning, when you dial in this input level for say, a Les Paul or your PRS, then do you have to dial it in again if you pick up say, a strat with a lower input signal?

Hey Scott:

Awesome presentation, and I am one of your target beginners for that presentation. One question: when dialing in the "red tickle" in the I/O section, is this guitar-specific? Meaning, when you dial in this input level for say, a Les Paul or your PRS, then do you have to dial it in again if you pick up say, a strat with a lower input signal?

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes it is guitar output specific; but the key is to realize that you need only set it for your highest output guitar and then forget it. You *can* set it per guitar if you like; some feel this is essential and/or compelling to do. I don't.

Just a quick note to say thank you to all of you guys who worked on these videos. The presentations have been fantastic- I've done a lot of technical presentations for the industry I work in and it's not easy to do as good a job as what's been done here. I've also spent a few years working with Photoshop and other similar software doing post work and I know just enough to know how hard that work can be. Never mind that it was done without pay...

Really impressed with stuff. I finally had the chance to spent some time working with James Santiago's IR's yesterday on my main Marshall patch. Amazing... I'm a little surprised I haven't seen more talk on those. Seems everyone is fixated on more amps. Al good.. but man what a difference those IR's make.

Thank you to all you guys for the efforts to share the wealth...

I loved the long version of Jame's presentation.

I have huge respect for folks like that, that have really tried all the gear, and find out what works and what doesn't.

How lucky are we that someone with that gear and ears is shooting IR's for the AxeFx and giving them away?

Thanks James!

Richard

Cobbler these videos are fantastic. THANK YOU!
Scott your presentation was FANTASTIC and clear. Really lovely. Thank you so much. Gonna add reverb to my patches now :)
James was also phenomenal and those tones!

In summary thank you to all of you involved. REALLY REALLY appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom