Axe-fest Germany 2015 | Marshall 1960AX Greenback loaded now available

Wow! Tyler Grund (on the board known as Gamedojo) was so kind to share some of his thoughts and findings about the MR-1960AX-G12M25 Cab-Pack. I was thrilled about his analysis, because the man knows sound, IMO. I don`t know, if he want to share these really honestly commentations also with you all, it`s up to him, but i am also thankfully for the - YES(!) - also (minor ?!) critique points beside the positives he give me as feedback, i am indeed very thankfully for!

Further more he recorded two soundsamples and although we know (at least i`m convinced), he would sound awesome just playing Hendrix and SRV stuff on a Ukulele, i am very thankful, that he give permission to "do with the files, whatever you want to...". So ... i did and uploaded them to the extra new created cabIR.eu @ soundcloud account, to share them with you:

(Stratocaster, Axe-Fx II 59 Bassguy Amp Sim)

(Stratocaster, Axe-Fx II Plexi Amp Sim)

Man, i could listen to his fingers flipping on the fretboard of his Strat the whole day! Love it! :encouragement: So... BIG THANK YOU TYLER!

For the one, who are perhaps new to the forum: Tyler did great work and contribution to the forum and everybody should check out his website full of patches, soundclips and more: Tyler Grund's Axe-Fx II WebsiteHome

... and now ... i will pick up my Axe and meet my band in the rehearsal room! :mrgreen

Have a nice day folks!

Last edited:
Oh f..... - now I can clone my Marshall 110% - sorry 100%
Great Sound - Great work
Best 1960-IR I ever heared.

Thanks Morphosis

These IRs are awesome! You guys did an amazing job of capturing this cabinet.

I'm proud that I was order number 69. That makes me happy...hehe.

Between this cab pack and CK's Cab Pack 8, we have some absolutely phenomenal and thorough Marshall 4x12 Greenback captures. Greenbacks are my favorite speaker.

I am amazed how different each speaker sounds in the cabinet, which we also saw in Cab Pack 8, as well as captures I've done of my own 4x12 cabinet. I once read in a recording magazine that you should try each speaker in a 4x12 to find the best sounding speaker. I initially thought this was a bit overzealous, but it really is true. Each speaker in a 4x12 (or 2x12) can sound dramatically different than the other speakers in the cabinet, even when they're all the same model of speaker. Fascinating stuff. It goes to show you that you can own a single 4x12, but get 4 different sounds when close mic'ing a cabinet. It's nice to have that kind of flexibility out of a single piece of gear!

I'm proud that I was order number 69. That makes me happy...hehe.
... said the man from Virginia ... lol. :mrgreen So, happily i made sure by lots of tests of the purchase-process and paypal checkout, that purchasing-process works flawless, supporting you to get this order ID ... hahaha .... :lol

These IRs are awesome! You guys did an amazing job of capturing this cabinet.

Between this cab pack and CK's Cab Pack 8, we have some absolutely phenomenal and thorough Marshall 4x12 Greenback captures. Greenbacks are my favorite speaker.

I am amazed how different each speaker sounds in the cabinet, which we also saw in Cab Pack 8, as well as captures I've done of my own 4x12 cabinet. I once read in a recording magazine that you should try each speaker in a 4x12 to find the best sounding speaker. I initially thought this was a bit overzealous, but it really is true. Each speaker in a 4x12 (or 2x12) can sound dramatically different than the other speakers in the cabinet, even when they're all the same model of speaker. Fascinating stuff. It goes to show you that you can own a single 4x12, but get 4 different sounds when close mic'ing a cabinet. It's nice to have that kind of flexibility out of a single piece of gear!

Thank you for the kind words! Love to hear, you like them! I was also surprised how different each of these Greenbacks sounds. Don`t forget to try some IRs beside the clean "I"-variant captures, perhaps you`ll find some new perspectives in this Cab-Pack :)

Thanks again for trying them!!! Much appreciated!

I bought the cab pack and it's really amazing what I found out last night at my saturday jam place: I used to use mainly for all Marshall kind of amps the factory 060 + 061 ir's. After playing with ir's from cabIR.eu for a while I wqent back to the factory cabs and changed after 30 seconds back to the new ir's. They have a certain clarity despite lots of gain and I use the MPT Mixes in a stereo cab:M00_MR-1960AX_E906-A+C414-A_I and M09_MR-1960AX_X1R-A+SM57-A_I with the 1959 SLP preset with Cliff'Äs settings. I've picked the mixes at home randomly as i could only load 8 in my user slots - but even then I founbd this lovly ir matches and I'm sure I'll find even perhabs better ones when i try them all really. This was just a quick try like: "well let's have a look at them what they are like" but they are great and it cost you about two beers?

The last one was at 01:40 in the morning after 6 hours jamming - so I was KO and did some strings overbending, but the sound in the mix is very good and IU haven't tweaked yet, just changed the ir's:

Last edited:
Wow! Many thanks for posting these Black Bitch! Totally amazing, especially the first clip, i like the most! this sounds ... NOT LIKE FRFR to me! This sounds so damn Marshall stack in the room, hard to believe, that it`s not! Great job! And awesome playing! :encouragement:

Bought it too, but I have download problems… Seven failed downloads this morning. But the connection from Mauritius is slow (128 kbps). Will try again

Bought it too, but I have download problems… Seven failed downloads this morning. But the connection from Mauritius is slow (128 kbps). Will try again

Sorry for late response, i was out of apartment... so to say... I`ll PM you. We`ll fix that! You`re the second guy with a download problem (who got also this kind of very slow internet bandwidth) - for all others (and me too...) it seems to work flawless as intended.

Thanks for supporting the pack, please take a look into your PM folder :)
Markus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom