Axe-fest Germany 2015 | Marshall 1960AX Greenback loaded now available

Thanks for your answer Morphosis. At least it is clear.
I have somewhere AOMDSP . I suppose that it will work for the conversion of the .wav IR to the axe FX (normaf resolution .syx).
I also already thought about purchasing cab-lab 3 (stand alone version) , even if I don't by far need it daily.
It may be the right time to do it !

AOMDSP should work (at least for Axe-Fx II MKI/II) but i can`t recommend it: It converts in the "old" Hi-res format before(if i remember correct) FW10. Since FW10 the Hi-res format changed tecnical... second and serious reason: Ultra-Res is definetely recommended, better low-end resolution, quad the time length. Perhaps it is really time for Cab-Lab3! It is really good!

Just bought them...tomorrow I'm in the studio and see what they're like - I love CB Marshall Cabs.......Are there ready mixes aswell to start off with?

Thank you! I would appreciate some thoughts and/or soundclips - like your Marshallesque Les paul ones much in the past! Great player! ;)

... Ready mixes ... what is a "ready mix"? IMO, this is extremeley subjective. I`m not the guy, who want adress "perfect processed - will always fit`s your needs..." blah blah. Imo, we can discuss quality, but never flavor. That said - yes, imo there are dozens of "ready to mix" ones in the Speaker-Mix folders. If you want it "quick and dirty", i recommend to catch the "I"-variant Mix folders of all 4 Speakers and do a quick audition through these IRs. The sound palette is greater, than i thought before finsishing and selecting the MIX IRs... I`m sure, you`ll find quick a dozen, which you would possibly prefer! What i heard from you in the past, i could easy imagine, you find some really "golden" ones for you personal without touching any mixing faders in CL3....

Let me know your findings! I´m really interested in your honset opinion!

Thanks
Markus

To convert them with CabLab3 I shoulkd use the wave files - correct?;)

Yes! The 48kHz/24bit ones. I recommend using the RAW folders for the single Mics - so you youcan decide in CL3, if you like convert in MPT, just Auto trim or let them RAW (NONE).

All IR-Names take care of the maximum 31 character length, the Axe-Fx supports....

AOMDSP should work (at least for Axe-Fx II MKI/II) but i can`t recommend it: It converts in the "old" Hi-res format before(if i remember correct) FW10. Since FW10 the Hi-res format changed tecnical... second and serious reason: Ultra-Res is definetely recommended, better low-end resolution, quad the time length. Perhaps it is really time for Cab-Lab3! It is really good!

Thank you! I would appreciate some thoughts and/or soundclips - like your Marshallesque Les paul ones much in the past! Great player! ;)

... Ready mixes ... what is a "ready mix"? IMO, this is extremeley subjective. I`m not the guy, who want adress "perfect processed - will always fit`s your needs..." blah blah. Imo, we can discuss quality, but never flavor. That said - yes, imo there are dozens of "ready to mix" ones in the Speaker-Mix folders. If you want it "quick and dirty", i recommend to catch the "I"-variant Mix folders of all 4 Speakers and do a quick audition through these IRs. The sound palette is greater, than i thought before finsishing and selecting the MIX IRs... I`m sure, you`ll find quick a dozen, which you would possibly prefer! What i heard from you in the past, i could easy imagine, you find some really "golden" ones for you personal without touching any mixing faders in CL3....

Let me know your findings! I´m really interested in your honset opinion!

Thanks
Markus

Thanks Markus...I definitely will make some review and soundclip...:eagerness:

I just tried 4 from the spaeker-mix "I" and i liked the most speaker "A" + "B" (but there are so many ir's - will take a while). I've loaded for my studio session tomorrow 4 ir's. I tried them at bedroom level and they sound amazing so fare. My favorits so fare:
A-Speaker-Mix-I M005 SM57+R015 421, B-Speaker-Mix-I M005 SM57+R015 421 and I mix them in a stereo cab or use 2 cabs and use bot mixes for stereo - awesome so fare - even with other amps as the Shiva, Friedmann...especially with Friedmann's low end are they ideal :eagerness:

I just tried 4 from the spaeker-mix "I" and i liked the most speaker "A" + "B" (but there are so many ir's - will take a while). I've loaded for my studio session tomorrow 4 ir's. I tried them at bedroom level and they sound amazing so fare. My favorits so fare:
A-Speaker-Mix-I M005 SM57+R015 421, B-Speaker-Mix-I M005 SM57+R015 421 and I mix them in a stereo cab or use 2 cabs and use bot mixes for stereo - awesome so fare - even with other amps as the Shiva, Friedmann...especially with Friedmann's low end are they ideal :eagerness:

cool, glad to hear :) :encouragement:

... Did you read and copy THIS guy from the german forum? He own the exactly same actual cabinet and did exactly the same Mix, also in stereo like you now tell ... :mrgreen Personally i like also a lot of the Mix-IRs including the MD441...

I`m with you with the Friedmans! IMO, they match great with this Cab... if i remember correct, they have the low-res at 115Hz stock ... so, yeah it works well, IMO ... ;)

Last edited:
By the way ... this was me after the first three Power Chords through the cabinet at the Axe-Fest Germany 2015 in Daxweiler :)

I fall in love with it! Really! pure rockness!

public.php

:mrgreen

cool, glad to hear :) :encouragement:

... Did you read and copy THIS guy from the german forum? He own the exactly same actual cabinet and did exactly the same Mix, also in stereo like you now tell ... :mrgreen Personally i like also a lot of the Mix-IRs including the MD441...

I`m with you with the Friedmans! IMO, they match great with this Cab... if i remember correct, they have the low-res at 115Hz stock ... so, yeah it works well, IMO ... ;)

Sorry Markus, but I haven't been in the german forum for at least 2 years, but it's nice to know somebody got a simulare taste - well I've changed the 115Hz stock to your recomended 114Hz. Look forward to tomorrow where i can play more loud...yeah :lol

Last edited:
My favorits so fare:
Ok that was funny to read!!! Like I wrote on axefx.de, I got stuck on this exact setting! Played the whole evening with it, forgot space and time and got to bed WAY too late!!!

Ok that was funny to read!!! Like I wrote on axefx.de, I got stuck on this exact setting! Played the whole evening with it, forgot space and time and got to bed WAY too late!!!

lol .... allright, for the Diezel i reduce the Pack size to 2 Mix-IRs ... :lol

Oi!!! What's with this discrimination?? Only United States and Germany available as buyer's billing country in the registration/buy page???

I'm sending my Audi back in protest and buying something made in my own country like a ... like a ... umm .... Vauxhall?? :eek: OK - I'm not sending my Audi back but why can't I buy your pack?

By the way ... this was me after the first three Power Chords through the cabinet at the Axe-Fest Germany 2015 in Daxweiler :)

I fall in love with it! Really! pure rockness!

public.php

:mrgreen

I remember the dust and dirty came down from the celing the moment you crank that amp....lol!

Oi!!! What's with this discrimination?? Only United States and Germany available as buyer's billing country in the registration/buy page???

I'm sending my Audi back in protest and buying something made in my own country like a ... like a ... umm .... Vauxhall?? :eek: OK - I'm not sending my Audi back but why can't I buy your pack?

I'm certain you can buy the pack - the Flags or probably only for the language and currentcy (I think I spellt the last word wrong?) - but I think you only can pay with PayPal.....

You have an Audi :eek: I have only an bloody Ford Focus :ambivalence:

That is because of a very silly new gouvnorment business law thing. An owner of a webshop who sells software have to pay individual taxes in "each country" he sells his virtual goods seperately after begining of 2015. This is a typical european bureaucracy bullshit....which kills all the small businesses using newer technology, software based products. Blame this paper-tiger-idiots, not Markus who is the nicest guy you can think of....

Send him a mail and find a way to get what you wish for!

cheers
Paco

The EU continues to become more oppressive (and a worse idea) every year as they think of new ways to suck individuals' income from their pockets.

Back
Top Bottom