Axe-Fest East

Would You attend Axe-Fest East?

• Total voters
Clearly the correct place for an East Coast event is Florida, probably Orlando, especially if it's in the winter. Pay no attention to my geographic location, it has no bearing. ;)

I vote NYC. Ultrasound studios on 30th st has a few big rooms , and is 2 small blocks away from Penn Station. Do we have a tally on attendees yet? How many rooms (space ) would we need? I will talk to the owner tomorrow about rates for rooms OR a whole floor.

I vote NYC. Ultrasound studios on 30th st has a few big rooms , and is 2 small blocks away from Penn Station. Do we have a tally on attendees yet? How many rooms (space ) would we need? I will talk to the owner tomorrow about rates for rooms OR a whole floor.
It’s a nice idea (and Ultrasound is cool) but allot of these guys would be coming from out of state. And with good old Manhattan
Traffic = Nightmare
Parking = Nightmare & expensive as hell
Lodging (if you stay overnight) expensive as hell

Most likely three reasons alone why the NY Amp show is held in NJ every year.
BTW not a problem for me as you said right by Penn and out here on Long Island I am four blocks away from the train.

John

Philadelphia is more of a central location for Northeastern users from DC to NH. Close enough to Fractal if they wanted to show. Affordable spaces, relatively easy driving especially in the suburbs.

It seems to me that the best way to organize one of these events is to mirror the successful west coast event - pick a place & time where FAS will already be and join them.

It seems to me that the best way to organize one of these events is to mirror the successful west coast event - pick a place & time where FAS will already be and join them.

This. Cliff said Boston would work for them, and I'm guessing its probably better for the whole event if they attend (duh), even though I can rarely get out of NY :(

The big room was $70/hr ten years ago, I can't imagine it's cheaper today. Although we could tone match Gene's four Dumbles and eight Trainwrecks!

I think the train AT Penn Station (AMTRAK) would eliminate the parking and traffic issues since it is so close. There is also a cheap hotel 1/2 block away.

Well, I'm way up north in Maine. I'd be willing to drive to New Hampshire if it would be held there. Hey after all it is where Fractal and Cliff are located and I think it should be held there!

How about reviving the conversation of an Axe Fest East in the near future?
V10 is great and there's much to discover therein ! ... let's have a get - together to celebrate and share the vast amount of associated info in a group setting.

Back
Top Bottom