Axe-Fest East

Would You attend Axe-Fest East?

• Total voters

rmbaylin

Inspired
I've started a poll so we can collect more info for the East coast Axe-Fest. Trying to get a real head count, and see what location

Indicate in your reply what are your acceptable locations to hold the event,

Baltimore-DC
Philadelphia
NYC
Boston

Last edited:
Of course it depends where and when.

We also have the luxury of the NY Amp Show in my area, although it's past for 2012 already.

Of course it depends where and when.

We also have the luxury of the NY Amp Show in my area, although it's past for 2012 already.

Also NY is likely doable for people from both bostonand DC, philly even more likely. I would think less would trek from Boston to DC or vice versa. I am from NY but live in santo domingo. So if my schedule allowed i could fly to wherever it was. It may make most sense to wait and schedule around NY amp show. Having 2 events would be more incentive for people to travel from further away.

How about a southeast event in miami? Great excuse to get away from the cold up north.

Largely depends on when and where. I'd have the option of either Philly or Baltimore-DC since I fly up to work in Harrisburg periodically for work. It might be a nice excuse to extend a trip. Would also happily visit the Boston area again.

A point for consideration is location. IMHO New York City is probably one of the worse locations.

Reasons:
Traffic is a nightmare
Tunnels are a nighmare.
Parking is a nightmare
Cost of parking is a nightmare.
The smell of the taxis are a nightmare.
Hotel costs are a nightmare..............

If the goal is close proximaty to NY, then Northern New Jersey or Phila may be a better option. Take it for what it's worh. It's just an opinion.

A point for consideration is location. IMHO New York City is probably one of the worse locations.

Reasons:
Traffic is a nightmare
Tunnels are a nighmare.
Parking is a nightmare

If the goal is close proximaty to NY, then Northern New Jersey or Phila may be a better option. Take it for what it's worh. It's just an opinion.

Within Manhattan is probably cost prohibitive anyway. You can rent a VFW hall in place like Tarrytown or Mahwah, with tons of parking and no tunnel issues for 15% of what having the event in NYC would cost.

Ultimately the real problem with these events, unless held at someone's home, is one person sticks their neck out, sets it up and pays for the event and then half the people don't show up (my kid's sick, my wife won't let me go, I have leaves to rake, yada yada yada). Whoever decides to be the point person, I'd advise getting paid by everyone in advance.

Reasons:
Traffic is a nightmare
Tunnels are a nighmare.
Parking is a nightmare

It appears the NY amp show is held in secaucus. None of the above applies and attendees would get to seecool fractal stuff and could booteek amps. Downside is it is in june.

Another plus would be people could run into manhattan and have killer food, killer nightlife, killer museums etcetc etc if they wanted.

Personally for me philly would be great. I am on a quest to eat at everyFogo De Chao on the planet. Have not been to the philly one yet. Though there is a new one in Boston. . . Hmmmm. Getting hungry just thinking about it. They did judt open an 8th location in brasil and i will be there monday!

Personally I'd like to see even an Axe-Fest 'Lite' happen. It would be great to meet with other Axe users. Another note is the Fractal is not really that far from the Phila-NYC area. It would be a great customer support if we could meet Cliff and some of the team.

I don'[t care about fancy digs. I know there was an offer the use of business facility in Philly. If we did the Baltimore area, I would be willing to host at my business location, setup PA, drums, bass etc. It would be great to get some named talent to come, a'la the West Coast, but personally I'd just like to meet more Axe users. I've have yet to meet another user and I've been a fractal guy since 2009 -Ultra v 3.x

I vote for Baltimore-DC, seeing as I'm in DC anyway! Philly wouldn't be too bad, but Boston is quite a drive.... I agree that NYC, while cool, has a number of drawbacks. And I like going to NYC.

Philadelphia here, I would love to attend an East Coast Axe-Fx Fest, the entertainment company I work for owns a killer space with full lighting, PA, stage, backline gear, etc... it can hold 150 people comfortably, it's brand new and we do showcases there quite often... I'd travel almost anywhere on the East Coast to attend, I hope it happens! I could get drums/keys/bass to show up and contribute

Philadelphia here, I would love to attend an East Coast Axe-Fx Fest, the entertainment company I work for owns a killer space with full lighting, PA, stage, backline gear, etc... it can hold 150 people comfortably, it's brand new and we do showcases there quite often... I'd travel almost anywhere on the East Coast to attend, I hope it happens! I could get drums/keys/bass to show up and contribute

This :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom