AXE-FEST 2012 UNITED KINGDOM - Nov 5th-6th - Oxfordshire

Chris... I reckon you're going to need to take stock of who intends to bring monitoring / backline and what it consists of....

cos right now, I reckon you will be making a 1/2 scale model of Manhattan out of amps and cabs...
and peoples armed with guitars and beers need to fit in there too..

I of course have no objection to this...
but Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire might..

I will probably travel light, my trustworthy guitar, axe and mfc+expression pedal.
HOw's the parking situation around there?

Erm, what are the dates, guys? The title still says 5-6 Nov? I would LOVE to be there, but am abroad at the mo, and will be back on the 7th. Praying it's the following weekend :)

@Clarky - re rigs.

Id thought the same, and did speak to Chris yesterday on the subject.

I think we should aim for 4 full rigs. One with amp/cab, one FRFR, one hooked up to nearfield monitors and a 4th that cab be used with headphones, any of Matrix's gear etc.

Possibly a 5th AFX unit hooked up to a PC/Mac/Laptop for Axe-edit (if its stable by then) - though you could do that with the one hooked up to monitors OR a 2nd amp/cab rig (if we have multiple power amps to audition). No reason you cant utilise the headphone and FRFR rigs for pwoer amps as well though.

Thats enough for people to try things in different cformats without having to re-jig stuff. Once those units are set up - its bring your guitar if you wish. if peopl ewant to bring their own AFXs I dont see an issue (if they have all their presets on their they want to show off/get feedback on)- though a USB stick should be enough to do that via the computer(s).

I have the ubiquitous Marshall backline
a Marshall stereo power amp and a pair of 1960b cabs...

this will offer a completely different experience to the FRFR stuff

Indeed - as will James's GT800fx with Zilla 2z12 (Celestion Gold and V30), and my GT1000 with Zilla 2x12 (G12H30 + V30).

If people WANT to bring their stuff thats fine - but space and volume may be an issue :)

Im thinking of bringing my nearfields as there not "installed" as such. Their fairly cheap (Event TR5s) but should be fine for auditioning in that format. I will bring the GT1000 anyway (weather Matric get there both days or not) as their housed in one rack - but I dont need to bring my cab by the sounds of it.

I have the ubiquitous Marshall backline
a Marshall stereo power amp and a pair of 1960b cabs...

this will offer a completely different experience to the FRFR stuff

This may take some stage management :$ Does anyone know of a spare roadie?

There will be a Facebook site soon make my life a bit easier, or something.

Hi guys, this sounds great! I'm going to try and make it up there. It will be great to meet you guys and get some tips, advice and generally pick at all of your technically charged Axe FX brains!

I will bring my Axe FX II with the Matrix GT1000 and 2x12 Zilla Super Fatboy cab so if anyone would like to try out the Matrix or Zill cab they can do by all means.

Apologies to everyone, but I have had to change the dates of this event. It is Saturday 17th to Sunday 18th of November.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I promise that I'll ensure there will be a cake to replace the one Clarky would have brought had we had it on the original date. I believe chocolate was the flavour mentioned.

Last edited:
Hell yeah...I'll be back from travelling and I will be there, woop! Already invited some friends to tag along.

FRFR guys - I'd be very interested in checking out your monitors and A/B'ing them against my Alto TS115. It'll be good to see how it weighs up against some of the more expensive ones. Can someone bring their monitors along as well, please? I can also ask my drummer to come along if he's free.

You're more than welcome. I'm hoping to get some stuff from Axe Fest West for the Saturday. Look forward to seeing you there.

Not quite sure what the arrangements for sunday are Chris. Says on the FB page 5pm? somewhere? Im gonna have to go before then for return ferry :( but am all booked for the Saturday (bar accommodation - Nobodys answering at Biscster).

Too far for me to travel from Newcastle :cry but hope it all goes well
have a great day guys!

Back
Top Bottom