AXE-FEST 2012 UNITED KINGDOM - Nov 5th-6th - Oxfordshire

too Far ?? Im comming from Belfast lol.

Joking aside - hope we can give some good feedback to everyone who cant get there after the event.

Bummer on the change of date, I'll be in Australia on the beach (sounds good, but with 'er indoors, her mother and two sisters.....oestrogen overload).

Hi there,
We will be at the Bristol Show with the Axe Fx-II and some GT1000's / CFR12's

Doors are open from 10.30am to 5pm.

We look forward to meeting you in the amp room.

The location is:

Ashton Gate Stadium
Ashton Road
Bristol
BS3 2EJ
Tel: 01179 630680

There will be free parking.

Best regards
Matt

This weekend, Bristol Guitar show!!! first I have heard of it! LOL ... that will teach me to be too busy travelling with work !!! DOH

It's my Birthday tomorrow .... so dunno that the wife would let me anywhere near a guitar show ... on my birthday :razz

hmmmmm ..... been wanting to try a Matrix too ..... hmmmm

I just saw the updates from the US show, and what they did there looks brilliant. They had Tosin, Dweezil, Cliff and some other big names from the industry there. While I realise that the US show was organised by Fractal on a higher budget than this, it would be extremely useful if we got some of the more famous advanced users from UK to see if they would like to come and share their insights here. I personally would love it if Nolly could make it - his Axe tones sound like none other.

Matrix were flying the flag for the FAS/Matrix camp at Bristol. Maybe much to the chagrin of those on the Deizel stand.
IMG_6799.jpg

John, demonstrator of great taste.
IMG_6775.jpg

The stand.
IMG_6781.jpg

Thanks, and no offence to Matt and the Matrix team...but there's got to be more to an Axe FX festival than just Matrix. I'm an ex-Matrix user, and I definitely wouldn't want to do a 2.5 hour drive just to come and check out a power amp.

Do we have an agenda yet?

Apologies to everyone, but I have had to change the dates of this event. It is Saturday 17th to Sunday 18th of November.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I promise that I'll ensure there will be a cake to replace the one Clarky would have brought had we had it on the original date. I believe chocolate was the flavour mentioned.

Damn, I'm at Rhythm Riot on the weekend of the 17th/18th :|

i think your missing the point harsh.

Its about getting together, and learning from each other - while offering the chance for people who dont know the unit to try it, nand existing users to try out different solutions.

Both Matrix and Fractal products arnt available from shops - so it makes sense. there will of course be other offereings, as anyone bringing their personal rig may have different amplification methods. Were trying to make as much available to see/hear/compare as possible but are restricted by what people own in general - the exception being Matrix who are helping.

We dont have a budget as such so its what we can get for nothing as far as equipment goes. When it comes to experience, tips, functionality etc its a differrnt matter.

Paul, I can appreciate what you, as an endorsed Matrix user, is trying to do for them. I have owned Matrix amps, and having dealt with Matt, I have nothing but praise for their products and customer service.

I'm not missing the point at all. What I'm trying to say is - I really wouldn't want this to become a marketing platform for just one product. I'm with you on the fact that this should be a forum for users to meet, hear various rig options that people use, and mainly to learn from the more advanced users.

Its hopefully not a matrix thing. Just got off the phone with RCF UK, and have hopes of getting a NX12-SMA and/or 10-SMA for the weekend. Trying to get a bd technologies Flexys fm12 as well - but they dont have a UK distributor (its direct from Germany) so thats proving more difficult.

Its hopefully not a matrix thing. Just got off the phone with RCF UK, and have hopes of getting a NX12-SMA and/or 10-SMA for the weekend. Trying to get a bd technologies Flexys fm12 as well - but they dont have a UK distributor (its direct from Germany) so thats proving more difficult.

That's what I'm talking about! Cheers Paul.

When we first discussed a UK meeting, and I forget which forum we started the discussion on, we were thinking about a "show and tell" where we could compare how we each use the Axe FX. We are interested in what different equipment sounds like, but we are also interested in what we can learn from each other. Like Harsh I wouldn't like this to become too focused on suppliers' offerings, and miss the real stars of the show: the users. I'm dying to find out what everybody else is listening for in their sounds, what settings we use, and how we control the beast whilst playing.

When we first discussed a UK meeting, and I forget which forum we started the discussion on, we were thinking about a "show and tell" where we could compare how we each use the Axe FX. We are interested in what different equipment sounds like, but we are also interested in what we can learn from each other. Like Harsh I wouldn't like this to become too focused on suppliers' offerings, and miss the real stars of the show: the users. I'm dying to find out what everybody else is listening for in their sounds, what settings we use, and how we control the beast whilst playing.

And thatvis definately the focus. If we can get 2 or 3 offerings for amps, frfr and nearfields as well, all the better, but that's a secondary consideration.

And thatvis definately the focus. If we can get 2 or 3 offerings for amps, frfr and nearfields as well, all the better, but that's a secondary consideration.

Back
Top Bottom