Axe-Edit & Yosemite 10.10 GM3

MadMac

Inspired
Hello,
just did some test with the upcoming Yosemite...
The only issue i found is in Tuner Mode.
If you open the Tuner there will some Screen Flicker sometimes but all is working fine.
It's just a visual glitch and has to do with the Tuner window...
The rest is working fine... so far.
I found that Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX communicate faster than on Mavericks or it is the new FW 16.01...
In general my Mac feel's faster now with Yosemite and all my App's i use work just fine...
So only Bug i found in Axe-Edit is the Visual Glitch when you turn on the Tuner in Axe-Edit. :encouragement:

Test Machine
MacBook Pro 13" 2.3GHz i5 (2011) 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD

I too find that Yosemite is much faster than Mavericks. Its refreshing as it had been a bit downhill since Snow Leopard.

You are able to move the Axe-Edit window up and partially off-screen with mouse. If you release your mouse button now the window get stuck off-screen. Closing and opening the application won't help, the window opens at the same place and remains stuck. If you still see "Settings" you are able to release the window by selecting "View" and "Full Screen" or if you don't see it use keys "shift + cmd + w"!!!

iMac 27 (2009), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 Gt, 1067 MHz:n DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4850, 512 Mt, Yosemite 10.10

My Fractal software is working fine with Yosemite, but my wireless software won't automatically connect to my wi-fi router. I have to manually select it from the list of 10 routers it detects. Never had to mess with that before.

It also rendered the Google Music app that posts anything new added to my iTunes library, to Google Play, automatically, useless.

Lastly, it has made the editor to my midi controller not connect to my pedal anymore. And I'm desperately waiting for the manufacturer to release an update to restore connectivity, before we play again.

Things have been smooth for me, all in all. That said, I started getting communications errors between my Axe and Axe Edit which was a bit odd because they worked fine for several days after I updated. I ended up having to reload the Axe drivers and things seem to be fine again.

All-in-all, I'm digging Yosemite. Seems more streamlined and looks really nice. The issue I'm having with it right now is I keep my Chrome browser on my second monitor and when I restart (selecting Reopen windows when logging back in), it puts Chrome on my primary monitor. Mildly irritating, but not a big deal.

You are able to move the Axe-Edit window up and partially off-screen with mouse. If you release your mouse button now the window get stuck off-screen.

It's been that way for me on a MacBook Pro for a few releases. You can recover the window (provided you can still see a portion of it) by "grabbing" the side of the window and moving the cursor down. The cursor won't change to let you know that you "have it" and so may have to try a couple of times. Doesn't work on all application windows (BBEdit is one) but does work on many, Axe-Edit is one of them. Grab the grey just inside the black border and drag down. If you try it when you can see the title bar you'll see the top bar turn black when you've grabbed it in the right spot.

It's been that way for me on a MacBook Pro for a few releases. You can recover the window (provided you can still see a portion of it) by "grabbing" the side of the window and moving the cursor down. The cursor won't change to let you know that you "have it" and so may have to try a couple of times. Doesn't work on all application windows (BBEdit is one) but does work on many, Axe-Edit is one of them. Grab the grey just inside the black border and drag down. If you try it when you can see the title bar you'll see the top bar turn black when you've grabbed it in the right spot.

That's most likely a problem with the cross platform application framework and the Operating system. The solution is as Alarto stated: CMD+SHIFT+W

Back
Top Bottom