Axe-Edit won't connect?

I am having the same issue, Axe-Edit refuses to detect my XL, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the USB drivers and the Axe Edit, with no success. This is really odd to say the least. I am getting sound out of my unit from the speakers and any external programs such as Itunes. My computer is picking up my unit both in audio and in the USB control panel. Not sure how to fix this issue.

Are you using Windows 10?

The main issue I am now having is, when I try to reinstall the Fractal USB drivers, I keep getting the Driver Install Error Code: 116 Driver could not be updated. Run installer again and accept installation of unsigned drivers. I have tried everything I can think of and search for, from deleting all previous files tied to fractal USB, going into the policy editor and telling it ignore windows when I install a 3rd party driver. It seems that with the creators update, windows will block any driver that it does not recognize to trey and prevent malware and such. That is fine but it is not letting me install the USB driver for the Fractal. At this point I might have to reinstall windows.

Can you roll-back the Windows version? From what I've been reading, the only thing the Creator update is creating, is headaches. Microsoft is even telling people not to update unless you have the proper hardware and newer drivers from manufacturer's.

My Windows 10 tablet keeps telling me the Creator update is ready to be installed, but I keep hitting the snooze button trying to hold off as long as I can. The last update broke my video driver and I had to completely disable it and use a generic driver.

Can you roll-back the Windows version? From what I've been reading, the only thing the Creator update is creating, is headaches. Microsoft is even telling people not to update unless you have the proper hardware and newer drivers from manufacturer's.

My Windows 10 tablet keeps telling me the Creator update is ready to be installed, but I keep hitting the snooze button trying to hold off as long as I can. The last update broke my video driver and I had to completely disable it and use a generic driver.
I don't think I can roll back sadly. I will try to manually revert back.

I don't think I can roll back sadly. I will try to manually revert back.
So an update, after a lot of file digging and messing with settings I got the Axe Fx II USB to install successfully. I am now back to square one where Axe Edit is not recognizing the unit, neither will Fractal Bot.

Same issue happening to me. I did a fresh windows 10 install with the latest w10 update, installed all my softwares and then, axe edit won't connect.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem.
FAUSBAudio Control Panel sees the Axe fx2 and windows recognizes it as an interface, but fractal-bot and axe-edit don't connect to it. They recognize the ports and changes in the ports, but won't connect....

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers and softwares, restarting the computer and the rig, but I cant get them to connect.

EDIT: Tried the same thing with my laptop. Same OS version (Win10 1703 build 15063.483) and it worked flawlessly. I start to think that it could be USB3 problem as my laptop has only USB2 and my main rig doesn't have any USB2 ports....

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem.
FAUSBAudio Control Panel sees the Axe fx2 and windows recognizes it as an interface, but fractal-bot and axe-edit don't connect to it. They recognize the ports and changes in the ports, but won't connect....

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers and softwares, restarting the computer and the rig, but I cant get them to connect.

EDIT: Tried the same thing with my laptop. Same OS version (Win10 1703 build 15063.483) and it worked flawlessly. I start to think that it could be USB3 problem as my laptop has only USB2 and my main rig doesn't have any USB2 ports....
This is exactly the same for me with the same build. but I have both USB3 and USB2 and it doesn't work and I tried on another pc with the same build and it works perfectlty.

This is exactly the same for me with the same build. but I have both USB3 and USB2 and it doesn't work and I tried on another pc with the same build and it works perfectlty.

Hmm... Perhaps it's a chipset driver problem. Although I have latest bios and chipset drivers for my mobo.
I ordered some USB 2.0 header ports to my mobo (Asrock Z170 K6) as it has some USB2.0 headers. Probably wont solve the problem but it's not that expensive to try.

Also; on my laptop I tried the USB3.0 port and it worked normally. This is a bit weird.

Hmm... Perhaps it's a chipset driver problem. Although I have latest bios and chipset drivers for my mobo.
I ordered some USB 2.0 header ports to my mobo (Asrock Z170 K6) as it has some USB2.0 headers. Probably wont solve the problem but it's not that expensive to try.

Also; on my laptop I tried the USB3.0 port and it worked normally. This is a bit weird.
Honnestly I don't know, My pc use to works on w8.1 and since i did a fresh install with w10 1703 build 15063.483, Axe-Edit doesn't work anymore

News: My problem was fixed by completely reinstalling windows. Now it works as it is supposed to.

News: My problem was fixed by completely reinstalling windows. Now it works as it is supposed to.
I can confirm, rolling win10 back to the previous version (no creators update) solved my issue.

To be clear, I can't describe my relationship with AE over the past 2 or so years as anywhere close to "flawless," (I think having USB 2.0 ports on a windows pc has something to do with this) however now I can connect to fracpad and Axe Edit again and listen to music/record as normal using my Axe as an interface. I've always had regular timeout issues which can be pretty annoying, but nothing to the point where my axe was rendered basically useless in terms of working/editing with my PC. Even fractal-bot didn't work for me with the creators update.

If anyone's having massive connection headaches and is running the creators update, go into settings-update/security in the control panel and roll back to the previous version and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom