Axe-Edit with Ultra

Hey guys. SO a few months back I had bought a MIO brand midi to usb adapter so I could try to use edit.It was the type that had the converter built into the cord. I hooked it up and axe fx couldnt see it. To be honest I didnt mess around with diffeent drivers etc so it may be that I didnt give it a chance but I already returned it anyway lol. My question is what are you using that actually works so I can got one that I know has worked for someone. Thanks!

Midisport also, the drivers used to be a PITA, but once it works its perfect. BTW on the ultra forum there's a post of Sasha if I remember well that eplains how to daisychain the computer plus midiadapter, the footpedal and the axe fx.

FWIW I've had a couple of MIO's I use to trigger MIDI from computer to Ultra and to XL from iMac and MacBook. They work rock solid for that but I have never been able to get them to work for the legacy Axe Edit to Ultra. I bring in a little Toshiba notebook loaded with XP and a RME Babyface for Ultra preset editing task.

Last edited:
So the mio worked with apple not PC. Weird. I'm hoping the MAudio will work. It seems an older version of axedit is needed as well. Thanks mwd!

You effectively need the old axe edit. I think it was version V0.9.191.
It has the possibility to view and edit patches without the axe fx connected which is not the case for axe fx 2. Dunno for axe fx 3.

You effectively need the old axe edit. I think it was version V0.9.191.
It has the possibility to view and edit patches without the axe fx connected which is not the case for axe fx 2. Dunno for axe fx 3.
Correct.. it has a built in off-line editor that tracked capabilities + features of each firmware release. The decision was made to discard that model when AE v3.0 was being designed for release for the Axe-2. That version (and newer) does not work with the older Std and Ultra's. so yeah, get AE 0.9.191 installed. you can find a copy in the link in my sig.

You guys are awesome. Such a wealth of info. Im so glad I made the switch to Axe Fx. I would have save myself alot of time and money if I had just done it years ago as I have owned just about every other unit out there, GT, HD, Bias etc, but none compare to this. Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom