Axe-Edit Version 1.0.188

no - 95% cpu according to Activity Monitor

axeedit.jpg

this is after i notched up the brightness in the gui a bit

when i reset the gui, it went back down to 40%

sim

Yup, here too. It's not about the CPU% of the Axe-Fx preset, it's the CPU% that Axe-Edit itself utilizes in Mac OS X.
If you turn up the brightness in App Settings, the CPU (as displayed by Activity Monitor, a Mac utility) jumps to an astonishing 74% and stays there...

What video card is in your systems? If it's Intel or Nvidia integrated, this explains the CPU uptick. This would be Mac mini, older iMacs or Macbook. If it's discrete NVIDIA or ATI/AMD, you shouldn't see this. That would be Mac Pro, iMac with discrete video (newer), or MacBook Pro.

What video card is in your systems? If it's Intel or Nvidia integrated, this explains the CPU uptick. This would be Mac mini, older iMacs or Macbook. If it's discrete NVIDIA or ATI/AMD, you shouldn't see this. That would be Mac Pro, iMac with discrete video (newer), or MacBook Pro.

i'm using a macbook pro from mid 2009 with this...

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3448

also shows as using 95% cpu!

Did you install Lion?

I had Axe-Edit taking a lot of CPU ( on the iMac, not the Axe II ) after I updated the OS
until I killed off the Spotlight indexing which was hogging everything.

I believe it is ~/Workspace/Axe-Fx/Bank n

The files in those directories have modification times that reflect the timing of my last sync, so that's probably it.

They're named 000.syx, 001.syx,...127.syx in the "Bank A" directory where in the 0.beta versions
the cache file names were the same as the preset names.

Sound right?

i'm using a macbook pro from mid 2009 with this...

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3448

That's actually an integrated GPU. Is this a 13" Macbook? If so, you may be SOL if you turn up the brightness. If it's a 15" or 17" with graphics switching, you may be able to get away with turning graphics switching off.

That's actually an integrated GPU. Is this a 13" Macbook? If so, you may be SOL if you turn up the brightness. If it's a 15" or 17" with graphics switching, you may be able to get away with turning graphics switching off.

it's the 15"

don't know what graphics switching is...i'll look it up...

edit - nope, mine doesn't have the ability to turn it on or off

Last edited:
thanks for providing this free of charge.
Unfortunately, it still does not run on my Athlon XP / Win XPSP3. v0.9.185 was the last version working...
Any chance this will be supported? Thanks.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome, cant wait to try, that noisegait deal was driving me nuts! so was that mixer volume deal.

Very nice update! Noise gate and mixer issues are completely gone, as is the "Not Connected" issue on Mac OS.

Thanks again, M@!

Can't find the new version. The link just goes th the download page for the original .183 revision

I don't believe it's available yet.

I was able to access all the patches that folks have uploaded through my previous editor.......I am confused. It sounds like that function is disabled with this update. What am I missin here?

My question is, is there another way to access the patches that have been uploaded to the axe-change?

Ok, you guys really have to stop. It's getting to the point where I'm expecting this kind of service everywhere, leaving me really disappointed in every other business under the sun!

Fractal, you guys rock :mrgreen

I was able to access all the patches that folks have uploaded through my previous editor.......I am confused. It sounds like that function is disabled with this update. What am I missin here?

My question is, is there another way to access the patches that have been uploaded to the axe-change?

I'll ask the developer to post an archive on the brains2bits server.

Got so frustrated with the old version. I have a sneaking suspicion that my cable (MIDI interface) is the culprit though.
The choice of MIDI interfaces here in Sweden is scarce and I haven't got it working at all with my Ultra yet.
Any tips on inexpensive, easy to use USB to MIDI in/out interfaces that actually work?

I don't know how Amazon or Ebay are in Sweden, but the $7 or midi interface with cable that you can get on either place (I'm sure from China) worked as reliably as any other midi interface for me with Ultra. Didn't work 100% of time for updates, but mostly worked.

I had exactly the same type made in China interface, it worked flawless for a few months and then definitely could not read the unit anymore. I finished throwing it away. Now I use a Midisport 2x2, it works 100% of the time but the hassle-hassle with the M-Audio drivers that I need to reinstall (XP SP3) at a regular basis remains a mystery for me. Am not using the new Editor yet as I happen to be a bit lazy from time to time & just started to feel comfortable with it's Beta version. Will give it a turn in autumn.

Back
Top Bottom