Axe Edit Update Problems - Bug?

Ripley

I tried to update to the latest version of Axe Edit, but a problem has occurred during the install. I keep on getting this message :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe Edit\Axe-Edit.exe
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory
MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists

There are three files left in the Axe Edit folder, I can't delete the files manually, keeps telling me I need administrator rights even though I am the Administrator.

I have tried installing to a different folder which worked OK, but I am still left with the original folder and files.
I have updated Axe Edit several times in the past, this is the first time I have encountered this, I have tried to take ownership of the files but my system will not allow this.

How can I delete the files and install Axe Edit to the original folder?

The same thing happened to me. I'm running Windows 10. Then I installed the latest OS update that Microsoft had been nagging me about for weeks. After that, the Axe-Edit installation went without a hitch.

I tried to update to the latest version of Axe Edit, but a problem has occurred during the install. I keep on getting this message :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe Edit\Axe-Edit.exe
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory
MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists

There are three files left in the Axe Edit folder, I can't delete the files manually, keeps telling me I need administrator rights even though I am the Administrator.

I have tried installing to a different folder which worked OK, but I am still left with the original folder and files.
I have updated Axe Edit several times in the past, this is the first time I have encountered this, I have tried to take ownership of the files but my system will not allow this.

How can I delete the files and install Axe Edit to the original folder?
I am trying to thank someone for posting an answer to my question. I can't post my thanks due to a message saying it is spam or contains inappropriate language. It is a simple "Thank You". What's is up with that???

I am trying to thank someone for posting an answer to my question. I can't post my thanks due to a message saying it is spam or contains inappropriate language. It is a simple "Thank You". What's is up with that???
Try using a few more words, like you did with this post. Sometimes spam accounts are created that try to get their post counts up by replying with short phrases like "Thank you." The system may be geared to block that on new accounts with few posts.

Try using a few more words, like you did with this post. Sometimes spam accounts are created that try to get their post counts up by replying with short phrases like "Thank you." The system may be geared to block that on new accounts with few posts.

I appreciate you answering me.
I originally started with a longer post. Then a shorter one. Then a simple "Thank You"...and was denied the ability to post for each one.
I just tried to send this...(I have been trying to send you a "Thank You" but the site has been "not allowing" me to post for some reason. I am trying again. Thank You!!)....and got the same message about not being able to post it. I just can't answer this fellow for some reason.

@George Marcinko I've updated your profile so you don't get caught in the new user spam filter any more. Your post was being flagged as spam because it contained a URL in it. We require 10 posts before you can post a URL -- that's a high enough bar for spammers to have to jump through that they usually leave our site alone. You should be okay now. Post away!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom