• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Edit Update 11-23-2010

Tom King

Inspired
It’s been a while since our last report on the progress of Axe-Edit. Lately, there have been some posts wondering when the next build will be out and what it might include or fix.

This is just to let you know that we’ve been hearing you all and have been hard at work. Axe-Edit is a top priority -- and will remain so until it's out of beta as a full featured app worthy of the Axe-Fx.

We’re weeks away from a new build and a public beta of the new "Axe-Manage" (formerly Preset Manager). I’m confident you’ll agree it will have been worth the wait. You can look forward to great improvements, new features, and better MIDI communication.

Meanwhile, thanks for your continued feedback, support and patience.

-TK

xrist04

Fractal Fanatic
Tom, thanks for the update. Glad to hear that Axe-Edit is still a priority for the company.

Tom King

Inspired
Let me add that we're not posting specific dates for a reason. We will deliver it when it's ready. I will continue to keep you informed.

-TK

I'll believe it when I can see it. :( I hope there is a second skin not based on black. I have gotten real good with front panel and SendSX, but an editor would be really cool.

jakel

Veteran
Tom King said:
Let me add that we're not posting specific dates for a reason. We will deliver it when it's ready. I will continue to keep you informed.

-TK
As a manager of an electrical engineering department (I know what happens when you rush something out due to pressure), all I can say is, "Great!! We will wait patiently until it's done. Thanks for once again putting quality ahead of all else."

FlyingV

Inspired
Thanks for the info, Tom....
The highest priority for me would be a better and easier working Axe-midi-usb-connection....
I have never problems with my other units, but more often than not with my axe.
Sometimes it works with presets, updates are always a big problem, tried it with several midi boxes...
Thats an standardized interface, I think, und should work an easy way.....

Regards

Peter

Charlie Wardick said:
I'll believe it when I can see it. :( I hope there is a second skin not based on black. I have gotten real good with front panel and SendSX, but an editor would be really cool.
Dude. Way to be negative.

AlbertA

Forum Addict
Reddy Kilowatt said:
[quote="Charlie Wardick":172xfdg7]I'll believe it when I can see it. :( I hope there is a second skin not based on black. I have gotten real good with front panel and SendSX, but an editor would be really cool.
Dude. Way to be negative.[/quote:172xfdg7]

Well just know he is a "wardick".... :lol:

How's this for a positive.....? One of these days the editor WILL sport a new color theme that is not black on blacker and on that day I can finally use the editor.

nateb

Inspired
Tom King said:
Axe-Edit is a top priority -- and will remain so until it's out of beta as a full featured app worthy of the Axe-Fx.
We’re weeks away from a new build and a public beta of the new "Axe-Manage" (formerly Preset Manager).

Just to add to most of the chorus line.... Thanks =)

lukather

Inspired
Will the midi thru issue be resolve

So we can make use of both MFC and Computer at the same time? If so I'll pospone the purchase of the midi thu box lots of cables...and several hours of my time trying to figure it out..

thanks and big expectations...as always :D :D

Re: Will the midi thru issue be resolve

lukather said:
So we can make use of both MFC and Computer at the same time? If so I'll pospone the purchase of the midi thu box lots of cables...and several hours of my time trying to figure it out..
I've been trying to purchase a midi merge from ebay for the right price as well. I have a midisport 2x2. He's saying, with the new axe edit I can merge both the midi mate and the pc ? that would be awesome!

Top Bottom