Wish Axe Edit Software - All Versions for All Models

Spoons

Inspired
I have an Axe-Fx II (hundreds of presets developed over the years) and an AX8 new the end of 2018.

Fractal Audio should develop and include in all the current and future Axe Edit software the ability to convert a patch from one hardware version (AX8 or Axe-Fx) to another on the fly with a simple "Save As" feature. This should be available for any Fractal Axe-Fx type product manufactured after the Axe-Fx II and the firmware is at an "equivalent" Quantum modeling level. This will make on-the-fly saving from one unit to another (AX8 to Axe-FX rack unit or Axe-Fx rack unit to AX8) seamless without being forced to use third party software for conversions.

One thing that will also help is to make all Axe-Fx rack units from Axe-Fx II forward capable of reading and using any syx files developed in an AX8 that way the user with both can develop patches in AX8, save them to their computer and load them directly into an Axe-Fx rack unit and they will function there (switching might have to change but basic tone and effects setting remain 100% intact).

Yes I've recently been introduced to FracTool.

Thanks for listening.

I would consider this a very special use case but why not if they can make it work. I'd much rather have AxeEdit being capable of rendering TM blocks captured on the AxeFx into AX8 compatible cab blocks upon import into the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom