Axe-Edit shows disconnected

Zacflame

Started up the axe and now it wont connect to axe edit, swapped cables ,reloaded drivers , nothing seems to be working ? Do usb Ports go bad ? It is a mark II, never had any trouble until today. Any suggestions ?

Usb ports can be variable in quality especially the external front mounted on some pc cases. Have you got any other usb ports you can try? Also you haven't said if you are pc or mac which may affect the advice you get.

On a pc I once had a windows update which borked all usb functions. A restore sorted it along with reloading the motherboard manufacturer drivers.

The usb i was referring to was on the unit, sorry I didn't make that clear. All other ports on computer work. Windows 10

This happens sometimes - in this case for me always works: Deinstall from your pc Fractal usb driver and Axe Edit first - than install the latest driver, where you have to switch on and of the Axe FX. Than install Axe Edit and should connect again. I have Windows 10 aswell and Windows is usually the problem.

This happens sometimes - in this case for me always works: Deinstall from your pc Fractal usb driver and Axe Edit first - than install the latest driver, where you have to switch on and of the Axe FX. Than install Axe Edit and should connect again. I have Windows 10 aswell and Windows is usually the problem.
Thanks that worked, had me worried , iam def a comp editor user

me too - but its Windows causing it and this always works when it happens again and sure will. I've had it in the last 3 years at least 4 times. often after Windows updates. ;)

I know this is a very old thread, but my Axe-Edit stopped working - says "Disconnected!" all the time. I followed the instructions above from Black Bitch but with no luck. I uninstalled the USB drivers several times, and reinstalled (from a fresh download), and tried the trick to uninstall Axe-edit altogether (then install drivers, and finally reinstall axe-edit), still no joy. This last trick, however, restored the Axe as one of my available audio devices (which wasn't available before uninstalling axe-edit), but still can't use axe-edit. Oddly enough, Fractal Bot works fine. WTH? Any tips or advice? Never had a problem before... this started acting up as I was trying to get Reaper to work with my XL (still no joy on that one either, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

Help?!?

Last edited:
I know this is a very old thread, but my Axe-Edit stopped working - says "Disconnected!" all the time. I followed the instructions above from Black Bitch but with no luck. I uninstalled the USB drivers several times, and reinstalled (from a fresh download), and tried the trick to uninstall Axe-edit altogether (then install drivers, and finally reinstall axe-edit), still no joy. This last trick, however, restored the Axe as one of my available audio devices (which wasn't available before uninstalling axe-edit), but still can't use axe-edit. Oddly enough, Fractal Bot works fine. WTH? Any tips or advice? Never had a problem before... this started acting up as I was trying to get Reaper to work with my XL (still no joy on that one either, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

Help?!?

Which version of Reaper have you got? I just got an uüdate from Reaper from Version 5 to version 6. 1 Month free trial and after this month I have to buy a new license or redownload version 5.

Anyway version 6 has started making me preoblems with Axe Edit and stoped any sound coming from pc while my Axe FX is on and connected via usb. All my sounds coming from my headphones or speaker/amp which is connected to the Axe FX.

So I will probably go back to version 5 as version 6 changed something in connection with Axe Edit and no sound coming from my pc. Also there is a kind latency over my headphones while recording. Like a slap back delay?

Back
Top Bottom