• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe edit shows disconnected

Zacflame

Regular
Started up the axe and now it wont connect to axe edit, swapped cables ,reloaded drivers , nothing seems to be working ? Do usb Ports go bad ? It is a mark II, never had any trouble until today. Any suggestions ?

Shenks

Veteran
Usb ports can be variable in quality especially the external front mounted on some pc cases. Have you got any other usb ports you can try? Also you haven't said if you are pc or mac which may affect the advice you get.

On a pc I once had a windows update which borked all usb functions. A restore sorted it along with reloading the motherboard manufacturer drivers.

Zacflame

Regular
The usb i was referring to was on the unit, sorry I didn't make that clear. All other ports on computer work. Windows 10

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
This happens sometimes - in this case for me always works: Deinstall from your pc Fractal usb driver and Axe Edit first - than install the latest driver, where you have to switch on and of the Axe FX. Than install Axe Edit and should connect again. I have Windows 10 aswell and Windows is usually the problem.

Zacflame

Regular
This happens sometimes - in this case for me always works: Deinstall from your pc Fractal usb driver and Axe Edit first - than install the latest driver, where you have to switch on and of the Axe FX. Than install Axe Edit and should connect again. I have Windows 10 aswell and Windows is usually the problem.
Thanks that worked, had me worried , iam def a comp editor user

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
me too - but its Windows causing it and this always works when it happens again and sure will. I've had it in the last 3 years at least 4 times. often after Windows updates. ;)

Top Bottom