Bug? axe edit / Q9 beta problems -> resetting blocks (drive/gate)

musicman0001

Experienced
Bug report:
When I reset the drive block or gate block in AXE Edit (right click edit, option reset block). It turns on the block but it looks off in axe edit and also mfc. So the picture visually shows it as bypassed (*block not turned on*), but the block really is turned ON, you just do not see it.

Extra note:
I even experienced some very weird behavior with axe edit with resetting a block, resulting that suddenly other blocks turned on. But this happens to infrequent that I can not report as a bug, but just something that could be related. But also here when I go check the bypassed scenes I did earlier, some blocks are turned ON again. Making a preset with resetting ALL blocks and also ALL scenes I experienced this behavior 3 times. Suddenly blocks where visible again when I made a reset on block level on the Y state (as when I reset the block on X state, the Y state is still remembered with old values and not reset). In the last case I did a reset on the Y state of the Drive Block and suddenly my LOOPER block reappeared green in scene 1 and not in scene 2. But in fact it was bypassed in ALL scenes. Very strange behavior indeed..... My guess its related to the bug reported here.

Question:
What is the best way to start a FULL CLEAN preset (that does NOT have any previous settings saved for X?Y state nor scenes etc..). So a real CLEAN & START FROM SCRATCH preset

AXE FX II - MKII
Windows 10 PRO - 64 bits
Use it also as USB Audio device
No external soundcards, internal soundcards on motherboard bypassed
MFC foot controller connected
Preset file attached

Attachments

• INT.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Axe-Edit hasn't been updated yet to work 100% with fw 9.0 beta.

Resettting a block in Axe-Edit should not turn it (or any block) on or off, it only initializes all values.

Looking at the issues you reported earlier it seems that something else is causing the problems in your rig.

Are all the Controller CCs set to their default values (I/O > CTRL)?
Did you reset the system params?
You're not using USB Adapter Mode?
Did you try replace your USB cable?
Has the MFC been reset, is it using TotalSync?
You're not using a DAW that sends/returns MIDI commands?

Tot start a clean preset on the hardware, power the Axe-Fx while holding Recall.

P.S. Je bent welkom om een keer in Leiden je spullen door te lichten.

I'm very happy with AXE FX, but since quantum 8 i experience all kinds of hangings and strange behaviour.

Im not saying its related to axe fx or quantum. If its my gear or setup or cables causing this then im very much willing to change or buy some new.

Nothing was changed other then now using it as sound device lately. But due to all these hangings and strange behaviour i am a little lost. Will change usb cable and recheck all other things. But when going to 8.02 i made a full cleanup on all systemsettings etc.. will check again....

Kom heel snel naar Leiden voor een Yek check ;)

PS: which earlier problems? I did not have any problems other then fractool issue which was due to pc rights and this was solved at PC side with great help from AlGrenadine.

Your Axe-Edit issues
Those are the same as other reporst. Error screens. Hangings. Have seen different reports similar screenshots.

To me those are really related to the same thing and i got this in Q8.02 and less in Q9beta but still there. Same as other reports. And its reslly anoying.

I love the axe fx. Its a great tool and my best purchase ever. It's not my intention to have bad reports on the forum.

Should i just use a support ticket? Thought the forum and bug section was also ok to report this.

An AXE FX fan

Back
Top Bottom