Axe-Edit on new Mac

dasnub

Hey guys,

I’m considering upgrading my 2008 8 core Mac Pro that is currently very stable on Snow Leopard running Logic 9. I use the Axe Edit software to connect my Ultra- without it, I think I’d die trying to tweak on the front panel, so I absolutely don’t want to lose that functionality.

I’m looking at a 2018 Mac Mini running Mojave 10.14. I see the software page for Axe Edit says it won’t work with Catalina 10.15 or later... much gives me the impression Mojave will still work. That said, I don’t want to assume as computers aren’t exactly returnable once used. Anyone running Axe Edit on Mojave with success?

Apple is going to have to rip my MBP running Mojave from my cold dead 32 bit fingers. Apple has to be the greediest company on the planet. Even my dongle have dongles. Soldering Ram, SDD to the boards, Only way to upgrade is buy a new machine. I always stay 2 OSXs behind whatever alpha OS Apple releases every year.

Snow Leopard, Mavericks, and Mojave are Rock solid running Logic10.4.8. if you want Logic 15 or 15.01, you need Catalina but lose 32 bit plugins. Want 15.02, get ready to load Big Slur.

Hi there. I recently purchased an M1 macbook and found out that the old Axe edit for the Ultra/STD is done completly. Not just because its an old app but also Apple dropped the support for 32bit apps and everything needs to be ARM optimised. Probably the only way right now would be buying Parallels app for 99$ and then instal Windows which would take up too much space just for a 10mb software.
Is there any alternative solution for this? Or maybe a third party Axe edit way?

Parallels does not work on an M1 Mac to run the Intel version of windows. Your best bet would probably be to find an inexpensive used Intel Mac to use just for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom