Axe Edit mutes track in DAW.

Malcolm P

Hey, guys!

I am running into an issue with Axe Edit muting my tracks in sync with the tempo coming from the Axe Fx. I am using an Axe FX II XL plus, Logic Pro X 10.2.4 on MAC OSX 10.11.6. Whenever Axe Edit is closed and not in use everything works fine, but as soon as it opens and connects with the unit, any track that I have selected in Logic toggles mute to unmute, back and forth, forever and ever. I can change the timing of this muting mishap by changing the tempo in Axe Edit and on the unit when Axe Edit is open. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Am I overlooking something? Did I eat too much paint as a child? Please help!

Hey guys,

I have an issue that might be related. But it is the other way around :). Every time I have my Studio One Daw open, I get communication timeout error like this

Communication time-out:

Axe-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Initialization : get_all_patch_names

First I thought it was because of the new Axe Edit, because I did not have any problems before 3.8.2, but after going back to 3.8.1, it is still doing it. I linked it to Studio One 3. Whenever I have AE open without S1, it works and loads fine, once I start S1, it starts acting up and eventually it freezes.

Does anyone know what to do about it?

I am on OS 10.10.5 iMac 2011, Studio One version 3.3.1.39379, Axe FX II Mark 2, latest firmware, 4.01 Beta

Any help would be appreciated - it is pretty handy to be able to have AE open while recording through Axe USB into S1

cheers

All right,

I did some search through forums (duh). And I found out, that the issue is Midi related. Something about incorrect ports or something.

So I went into Audio/Midi app on my iMac and I removed all Axe related ports and entire Axe FX from midi devices.

When I reconnected the Axe, it found it all right and now AE works fine again even with the Studio One open.

Hopefully, that will help some of us noobs to fix the Issue with AE.

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom