Axe-Edit / MFC bypass states

craiguitar

Power User
Hi,
In the latest AE release notes it says:
"Please note that there is currently no messaging mechanism between the Axe-*‐Fx and Axe-*Edit when a block's bypass state is changed from the MFC"

This is the case on nearly all my presets, but I do have a couple in which it does work, on all blocks, regardless of an attached modifier. I hit an IA on the MFC and the bypass state then changes on Axe-Edit, which is very nice!

Anyone else notice this behaviour on the odd preset or two?

Yes, it does that on a few of mine too.. but that is probably coincidental - likely due to AE3 polling (timing) the Axe and noticing the changes, not due to active sync'ing happening.

From the Software Developer:
"The polling will be enabled if the preset has one or more enabled modifiers attached to any block-parameter. The polling function will return the bypass state of all the blocks in the preset. A welcome side-effect of the polling mechanism is that it will pick up bypass states changes executed via the MFC.

If an end-user wants to see AE update the blocks when they use the MFC, they could assign an unused modifier to any parameter of their choice and then save the preset. The polling mechanism will then execute and update the states."

From the Software Developer:
"The polling will be enabled if the preset has one or more enabled modifiers attached to any block-parameter. The polling function will return the bypass state of all the blocks in the preset. A welcome side-effect of the polling mechanism is that it will pick up bypass states changes executed via the MFC.

If an end-user wants to see AE update the blocks when they use the MFC, they could assign an unused modifier to any parameter of their choice and then save the preset. The polling mechanism will then execute and update the states."

This is awesome! So, simply by attaching any modifier to any block parameter in the preset, AE will update bypasses from Mfc? Could the reverse work as well? Would the MFC update bypass changes made in AE?

If TotalSync is on, in the MFC configuration, then the MFC will reflect changes in the Axe-Fx, including those initiated in AE.

Does not work with non-MFC controllers like FCB1010 (state change only updated once after initial modifier assignment in AE).

I still hope that IA state change reflection is being properly incorporated into AE in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom