Axe-Edit Legacy w/ Ultra & M-Audio FW410

ICSvortex

Hello!

I am new in the Axe Fx game and just got my Axe Fx Ultra.

Now my problem is connecting my axe to my PC via my M-Audio Firewire 410 interface (MIDI).
I have the newest firmware on the Ultra and the Interface works perfectly too but when i open AxeEdit (the beta one from the legacy drivers) it says "not connected".
I have the MIDI out from the axe connected to the MIDI in from the Interface and also the MIDI in of the Axe to MIDI out of my interface. I also have the Interface selected in Axe edit in the MIDI settings but it doesnt connect.

Is there a way i can fix that? would be really nice since i need my cab IR's and stuff on my axe...

Thanks a lot!

Oh also i have win10 btw^^

and also when the axe is conected and on the midi light in the axe edit blinks anf when w turn the axe of, the midi light does nothing, so it must recognize that there is something connected...

Last edited:
That old version of Axe-Edit could be a little picky. The first things I might try is the same interface on a Windows 7 machine, or a different interface on your Windows 10 machine. Also, you can load Cab IRs using MIDI OX.

So what is that midi ox?^^ sorry i have no idea with that stuff :/ its my first time doing anything with midi...

You have to tell it to connect. Settings drop down, midi i/o, choose your interface. Load axe edit first, then Power on axe, then choose interface in axe edit drop down, enjoy.

Try an old version of axe edit

Not my link but i got it somewhere on here.

Tried the other versions but i got the same result as with the "newest" axe edit :/
Its pretty strange since the i get the input signal in axe edit aswell as the MIDI light when the axe fx is on and im playing but the MIDI connection doesnt seem to want to work....

okay ive tried it all now and i think i found the issue. i tried 3 different midi interfaces now and im still getting no connection and with the win7 it doesnt work either.

but now when using the midi interfaces with indicator lights i noticed that the midi signals from the pc are getting to the interface and axe fx but the midi signals from the axe fx (changing presets etc) arent even getting to the interface, since the indicator light doesnt do do anything.

so i guess the midi out of my axe ultra is broken somehow? or am i on the wrong track there?

i even got further! now i can do patches on axe edit and it does these on my axe fx but still there is no communication from the axe fx to my pc... so it reinforces my thought that the midi out of my axe fx is broken

Back
Top Bottom